Chicago’s Ultimate Valentine’s Day Guide
Parties & Bar Crawls
Step in the name of love.
- Smooth FM Party @ The Whistler – Spend your Valentine’s Day grooving to all things smooth: Disco, R&B, Dusties and more. The party begins at 9:30 pm.
- Valentine’s Speakeasy Murder Mystery Cocktail Party – February 16, join Art Room Events for a night full of mysteries and of course, cocktails. Tickets available here.
- Afro Fusion Valentine’s Day Party – The Promontory is hosting a party in the name of love, featuring Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae, and much more.
- Operation Bang & Burn Chicago Anti- Valentines Day Party – For all the singles and emotionally distraught, come share the rage at the Safehouse. Bring an item from your most hated ex to throw in the inferno to win a $100 Bar tab, partake in their happy hour specials, and sing your heart out with their karaoke. Register here.
- Me + VU Interactive Valentine’s Day Mixer @ VU Rooftop Bar – Partake in the ultimate Valentine’s Experience on February 14, 5:30 – 8:30 pm. On Chicago’s hottest rooftop destination and for $35 person, enjoy in a fun social mixer with live music, themed cocktails, and even a special appearance from Cupid. Tickets and further info available here.
- Valentine’s Day with Windy City Soul Club @ Sleeping Village – For $5 only, dance the night away to the best Northern Soul and Motown dancing tunes, starting at 8 pm. More details here.
Deep breaths, everyone – this one’s gonna be a doozy.
- The Albert – The Albert is cooking up a special Pre-fixe Valentine’s Dinner Menu for all lovers out there. Indulge in their 4-Course Chief’s Tasting menu, featuring East Coast Oysters, Onion Tartine, Love is a Drug chocolate mousse dessert and more. The price is $65 per person, with a $45 wine pairing option.
- Ella Elli – For $95 per person, partake in a four-course, prix fixe meal from this romantic getaway, known as the “Most Romantic Restaurant in Illinois”. Reservations can be requested here.
- Shaw’s Crab House – Their menu is featuring a Surf and Turf duo with a sliced 14 oz prime NY Strip Steak served with truffle butter, roasted cipollini onions and a Whole Maine Lobster Thermidor, all for $150. If you’re looking for a brunch affair, attend their Cupid’s Brunch on Sunday, February 10th. Reserve here.
- Booth One – Booth One is spreading the love with a luxe prix-fixe menu of seasonal specialties. The menu is $55 per person. More information here.
- Summer House Santa Monica – Looking for a sweet treat for your sweetie? Summer House is selling their special Valentine’s Day sugar cookies for $4.95 all week.
- Naoki Sushi – For $95 per person, Chef Naoki is offering an a la carte menu along with hosting a special Omakase at the sushi bar. Reserve here.
- The Dearborn – From February 14 – 17, enjoy their Valentine’s Day specials that include house-made charcuterie for $19, Roasted Saddle of Lamb for $45, and their mouth-watering Rum Baba for $15.
- El Che Steakhouse & Bar – The February 14th, this restaurant will be offering discounted sparkling wines and Champagnes, such as the Blanc de Blanc “Bubbles for Two” for $50, and the 2016 Clos Cibonne, Cotes de Provence rose for $65.
- Travelle at The Langham – Get “A Four Course Love Story” for $95 per person. Check out their special Valentine’s menu here. And of course, reserve now.
- LH Rooftop – Enjoy this cozy indoor restaurant and fall in love all over again with a lovely three-course American cuisine with for $65 per person. Reserve here.
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib – Lawry’s is having a romantic Valentine’s Day Dinner for $150 per couple. Make your reservations here.
- The Publican – For $65 per person, treat your loved one to a multi-course tasting menu, showcasing all of The Publican’s best flavors. Menu and reservations are provided here.
- Mercat a la Planxa – For $145 per couple, enjoy an authentic, Spanish, four-course Valentine’s Day dinner from February 14 – 16th. Reserve here.
- The Signature Room – Offering a four-course prix fixe menu from 5-10pm is the luxurious Signature room for $125 per person. Feature items include Braised Short Rib, Half Roasted Chicken, Grilled Filet of Beef, Roasted Rack of Lamb and more. Contact info available here.
- Geja’s Cafe – Get a full week of Valentine’s day goodness at this classy Old Town restaurant. Starting on Monday, February 11th Geja’s will feature a number of romantic events including a Celebration of Marriage discount dinner, a Valentine’s Day Lunch of Romance and a special prix fixe Valentine’s Day dinner menu. More information and reservations available here.
- Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya – Prix fixe menus include an appetizer sampler, entree, and dessert for $80 per couple. You can also purchase a white rose bouquet for your honey for an extra $40, ya know, if you’re feelin’ fancy. Tickets available here.
- North Pond – Nothing says “I love you” quite like dinner with a view. And this one is spectacular. The 5-course tasting menu on the 14th starts at $125 a person with optional wine pairings for $60. Make reservations here.
- GT Prime – Love abounds in this cozy, dark lit restaurant in River North, perfect for a romantic getaway with bae.
- The Promontory – A delicious menu AND R&B soul? Sounds like a perfect night out to us.
- Maple & Ash – Dine in at this upscale steakhouse on the Gold Coast at 8 West Maple Street for an extra-special Valentine’s Day.
- Champagne Fest @ The Godfrey Hotel
- Enjoys hours of Champagne and Sparkling wine tastings with delicious hors-d’oeuvres on The Godfrey’s all seasons rooftop. Tickets available here.
- Valentine’s Day Free Music and Heart-Shaped Pizzas @ aliveOne – Lincoln Park’s neighborhood jazz joint invites you to join them for a night of live music, desserts, and $5 – $8 drink specials.
- “Wine About Your Love Life” @ Estelle’s – Half-off glasses of wine on February 14th.. ‘Nuff said.
- Valentine’s Day Runraiser and Easy Rider Market @ Easy Bar – Purchase a balloon for a good cause and enjoy half off everything from 5 – 7 pm. All proceeds will benefit Paws Chicago.
- Valentine’s Themed Coloring Night @ Remedy – Strut your creative stuff at this Bucktown bar, offering coloring pages and $1 off of glasses of wine on Wednesday night.
- Valentine’s Day Happy Hour @ The Owl – Logan’s Square neighborhood hut is featuring a half-price happy hour from 6 – 8 pm.
What To Do
- Ice Skating For Two – The Lincoln Park Zoo, McCormick Tribune Ice Rink and Maggie Daley Park Skating Ribbon are all offering some romantic skating fun come February 14th.
- Eat, Skate Love/Hate @ The Chicago Athletic Association – Strap on those dusty roller blades and head out to the Chicago Athletic Associations annual Valentine’s Day skating extravaganza.
- Cupid’s Undie Run – Take a nearly nude jog for charity on Saturday, February 10th.
- Hooking Up with Second City – Laugh your ass off at this annual improv show about the triumphs, and ultimate disappointments, of dating life.
- The Naked At The Art Museum Scavenger Hunt – Spend the weekend before V-Day scouring the Art Institute of Chicago for some of it’s, er, most NSFW pieces.
- Chicago Botanic Garden Orchid Show – One of the city’s most beautiful traditions returns on February 10th – just in time for the holiday!
- Spa and Sparkling Package @ LondonHouse – Couples will get a $100 credit at LH’s exclusive spa, where they can treat themselves to a Warm Honey Drizzle Massage, an Espresso Rub, and, of course, strawberries and Champagne.
- Valentine’s Day Cooking Class – Cook up some sweet Valentine’s Day treats for your sweetie this lovely cooking class.
- Chicago Valentine’s Day Dinner Cruise – Let Spirit Cruises take you away this V-Day on an extra-special dinner cruise for two.
- Heart Shape Chocolate Cake from Portillo’s – Portillo’s annual heart-shaped cakes are back again! For just $19.49 you can get one of the restaurants famous chocolate cakes in heart form, available for both delivery and pick up.
- Cindy’s – The Chicago Athletic Association’s iconic rooftop transforms into the dreamy Bows and Eros for the season, serving amazing sweet treats for Chicagoans of all kinds to box up and take home.
- Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies from Summer House Santa Monica – Did someone say $4.95 sugar cookies? I’m there.
- Mindy’s Hot Chocolate – Not only is this Wicker Park favorite offering reservations for a romantic V-Day, but you can also pre-order ombre chocolate covered strawberries or assorted chocolate brittles for pick up on the big day.
- Flowers For Dreams – Go classic and send an arrangement of beautiful flowers to your partner in crime.
- Or…you could always try these creative gifts!