Parties & Bar Crawls
- Heavyweight Soul: Valentine’s Day Edition @ The Whistler – Spend your Valentine’s Day in Chicago grooving to all things soul and funk, with rockers, afro-beat, disco, tropical grooves, and a whole lot of L – O – V – E . The party begins at 9:30 pm.
- 1920s Murder Mystery: Party at the Speakeasy – February 15, join TopAct Events for a night full of mysteries at Chicago speakeasy, Room 13, and of course, cocktails. Tickets available for $45.
- Afrotrak presents: to feel love/d with Luke James – This Valentine’s Day idea and event is hosted by The Promontory in the name of love. It features two-time Grammy®-nominated singer/songwriter and actor Luke James. Tickets range from $30 – 90.
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Party: Fuk Chocolates and Flowers, Eat Pizza and Drink… – For all the singles and emotionally distraught, come share the rage at the Trophy Room. Tickets include a free pizza buffet, $5 select beers, $6 Jameson shots, and $7 select cocktails. Tickets start at $10, so get yours before they go up!
- Mortified “Doomed Valentine’s Day Show” – For $20, share the shame as everyday people read aloud their most embarrassing, pathetic, and private teenage diary entries, poems, love letters, lyrics, and locker notes… in front of total strangers. Doors open at 7 pm for an 8 pm show.
“alOveOne” Valentine‘s Day Party – aliveOne, the Lincoln Park neighborhood bar that combines the very best of music and spirits, will host an “alOveOne” themed evening on Valentine’s Day. Specials will include $3 Bell’s Two Hearted drafts and $8 “alOveOne” cocktails with Ketel One, LaCroix Pamplemousse, lime juice and demerara. aliveOne will be decked out in Valentine’s Day decor and offer candy hearts and cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B’s. Guests can start the night with a half-off everything happy hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. followed by an emo dance party in the backroom with music like Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Blink 182 and Dashboard Confessional. DJ sets from DJ Faithful Anchor start at 10 p.m.
- DIY Valentine’s Day Cards and 80s Party at Easy Bar – Chicagoans are invited to Easy Bar in Wicker Park to create Valentine’s Day cards for their sweetie all week leading up to the holiday. Easy Bar will provide the supplies (free of charge; supplies are limited), and while crafting, guests can sip on daily specials like $6 glasses of wine on Monday, $2 and $3 select beers on Tuesday, $6 signature cocktails on Wednesday and more. Easy Bar also offers a half-price everything happy hour Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. On Friday, February 14, Easy Bar will host an ’80s Valentine’s Night Bash at 10 p.m. featuring the best tunes from the ’80s. Specials available all evening will include $8 Barcelona Mules made with PAU Maui vodka, ginger beer, and a Meiomi wine float.
- 4th Annual “Wine About Your Love Life” at Estelle’s – On Valentine’s Day in Chicago, Estelle’s invites Chicagoans to their 4th Annual “Wine About Your Love Life” night featuring half-price glasses of wine, available all evening for $6 each (normally $12). Wine selections include Beckstoffer ’75 Company Cabernet Sauvignon, Planet Oregon Pinot Noir, Angels & Cowboys Rose, Iconic Sidekick Chardonnay and Babich Sauvignon Blanc. Other specials will include a $5 “Be My Tindertine” shot. Candy hearts will be available for customers if they want to give a “sweet” special message to their Estelle’s crush.
- Glitter Beer at The Owl for Valentine’s Day – Located a few blocks from the heart of Logan Square, The Owl will host a casual Valentine’s Day on Friday, February 14 with a half-price happy hour from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (excluding shots), and $6 glasses of BBLZ sparkling wine will be available all night. To celebrate the holiday, Illuminated Brew Works has added pink glitter to their Brony Double Dry Hopped Double IPA which will be available exclusively at The Owl. Candy and Valentine’s Day cards will also be available for guests to write special notes on and give to the sweetie they spot in the bar. For guests looking for a late-night Valentine’s Day party, DJ Fess Grandiose will be spinning from 10 p.m. to close.
Pre-Game Cocktails and Post-Game Soul Dance Party at The Whistler – This V-Day, start and end your night at The Whistler, the cocktail bar meets storefront art gallery and live music venue in Logan Square. Kick the holiday off before you head to dinner with a love-themed drink menu — think sips like the piping hot Pink Drink (gin, oat milk, beets, honey, and cinnamon). Return after your meal to crush some more cocktails and dance your asses off at 9:30 p.m. with a special edition of Heavyweight Soul. Resident DJ Mr. Jaytoo will spin a live set of soul, funk, disco and tropical jams, perfect for shaking your groove thang with your boo thang.
- The Albert – An art and science-inspired restaurant located at 228 E. Ontario is inviting diners in for a special astrology-themed five-course culinary experience on February 14, February 15 or February 16 for $105 per person. A couples perfect match for Valentine’s Day dining, each course represents a different Zodiac sign.
- Allgauer’s on the Riverfront, located within Hilton Chicago Northbrook, invites diners to join them in celebrating love with delectable dinner specials curated by Executive Chef Nicholas Landeweer. Items on the special menu will be available a la carte, in addition to Allgauer’s outstanding dinner menu.
- All Together Now – An excellent Valentine’s Day idea and event that includes a shareable three-course menu for two. Very much channeling Lady & the Tramp, the menu features Spaghetti & Meatballs (vegetarian meatballs available), as well as a Cheese & Veggie Board and dessert. An optional wine pairing featuring three wines by the glass is available. Reservations can be made by phone (773.661.1599) or email email@example.com. $60 for two, optional wine pairing $30 per person on Friday, February 14, 6 pm to 10 pm.
- Artango Steakhouse and Bar – Artango Steakhouse and Bar, located in the heart of Lincoln Square, will welcome Valentine’s Day celebrants for an evening of Argentine cuisine and live Latin entertainment. Chef Saul Roman will offer a three-course prix fixe menu for $65 per guest (detailed below) from Friday, February 14 to Sunday, February 16. The prix fixe is the only menu offered on February 14; the prix fixe and regular menu is offered on February 15 and 16.Artango will showcase a sultry “tango passion” show on February 14 from 8:30-9:30 p.m., featuring live tango performances by professional dancers. On February 15 from 9-11 p.m., live Latin jazz will be performed by Guitarra Azul (percussion, guitars and dance).
- avec – This year, treat the one you love to a romantic evening filled with the flavors of the Mediterranean as avec presents an intimate Valentine’s Day culinary experience. Held in the beloved Randolph Street restaurant’s picturesque private dining room, the special ticketed dinner will feature a four-course meal of Chef de Cuisine Perry Hendrix’s acclaimed rustic cuisine including charred and marinated sea scallops with meyer lemon, burrata, and caviar with gnocchi fritto, squid ink campanelle pasta with crab fra diavola and sea urchin, chestnut tiramisu and more. Since Valentine’s Day isn’t complete without wine, diners have the option to purchase wine pairings selected by renowned Wine Steward Eduard Seitan to accompany each course of their meal. A la carte dining will also be available in the main dining room on a first-come, first-serve basis. Cost is $125.
- Avli – Offering a special four-course Valentine’s Day dinner menu for $60 per person at Avli River North (702 N. Wells St.), Avli Taverna in Lincoln Park (1335 W. Wrightwood Ave.), and Avli Restaurant in Winnetka (566 Chestnut St.). The four-course dinner will feature Baked Clams, Pan Seared Lavraki Filet and Mushroom Moussaka.
- Bar Biscay – The West Town neighborhood’s ‘oasis of joy’ is celebrating Valentine’s Day in Chicago with a five-course menu highlighting the comforting cuisine of the French countryside by award-winning Chef Alisha Elenz. $75 per person with optional beverage pairings for $25.
- Bar Roma – Wine and dine with your Valentine at Bar Roma! The charming Italian restaurant, located in the heart of Andersonville, will offer an array of special dishes on Friday, February 14. In addition to the regular dinner menu, Chef Fred Ramos will feature cream of cauliflower soup, hearts of palm salad, hand-rolled seafood ravioli, sauteed snapper, 22-ounce wood-grilled porterhouse, and passion fruit dessert trio. La Fiesta di San Valentino dinner specials are outlined below. Pair your Italian fare with one of Bar Roma’s signature cocktails or an Italian varietal from the extensive wine list.
- Beatnik West Town & Beatnik on the River – Whisk your Valentine’s Day date away to a Bohemian escape at either Beatnik West Town or Beatnik on the River. Both venues will be open for regular dinner service and will make you feel like you went on a romantic tropical vacation for the evening.
- Beatrix – Enjoy Valentine’s Day specials from Thursday, February 13 – Sunday, February 16, including House-made Truffled Cheese Ravioli with roasted wild mushrooms & asparagus, truffle cream sauce, and Triple-Layer Coconut Champagne Cake with coconut buttercream. The full menus will be available in addition to the specials.
- Bistronomic – Offering a three-course prix-fixe Valentine’s Day dinner menu for $85 per person with menu options including Homemade Duck Foie Gras, Thyme Roasted Rack of Lamb, and Winter Vegetable Medley. Reservations can be made online here or by calling 312-944-8400.
- Blackbird – If there’s one night to truly wine and dine your honey, it’s Valentine’s Day in Chicago and what better place to show your love than Chicago’s fine-dining mecca, Blackbird. In honor of the holiday of love Executive Chef Ryan Pfeiffer has prepared an elegant seven-course meal comprised of his celebrated Midwestern cuisine. Diners can look forward to elevated and imaginative menu items including pounded big eye tuna with sea succulents and oscietra caviar, crispy kusshi oyster with kimchi honey and coconut nuoc cham, dry-aged beef tartare with truffled sauce chasseur, roasted skatewing on the bone with baby-q tater chips and more. Pastry Chef Nicole Guini lends her hand to put the perfect finishing touch on the delicious dining experience with a dark chocolate mousse bar with porter pudding, fermented cranberry, and sesame. $100 – $130 per person (add-ons available).
- Black Bull – With its cozy decor, extensive Spanish wine selection, and tapas, Black Bull makes the perfect Valentine’s Day date spot. The authentic Spanish restaurant even offers mini paellas designed to be shared by two people. You and your date will feel transported to Spain from the moment you walk in the door until the last sip of Cava.
- Bonus Round Cafe – Match wits while enjoying an interactive evening with your Valentine at Bonus Round! The Lakeview-located game cafe will feature a special date night package on Thursday, February 13 and Friday, February 14. Guests will receive two game passes, a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries for $35 per couple. Two player board games will be in the spotlight, including Concept, Fog of Love, The Mind, Santorini, Unlock! and Spirits of the Wild. Seatings are available at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Boqueria – In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Boqueria will be offering a variety of menu options in celebration of every type of love – whether it be Romance, Bromance, or Galentine’s. Celebrate with your loved ones from Thursday the 13th through Sunday the 16th with a delicious selection of pre-fixe dinner menu options, or classic tapas from the a la carte menu.
- Cafe Cancale – If a last-minute romantic trip to the French Coast is out of the question, Cafe Cancale has got you covered. Treat your Valentine to a decadent, seven-course dinner by Chef AJ Walker, inspired by the Brittany seaside. On both February 14th and 15th, couples can cozy up with menu highlights like grilled oysters, bright and citrusy orange duck, flounder with tender crab meat, and maybe even get their Lady and the Tramp moment over buckwheat chitarra with black truffles. The evening gets even more indulgent with three traditional French desserts by Pastry Chef Erika Chan, which include seasonal fruit & cheese, chocolate profiteroles with coffee ice cream, and raspberry and rose creme brûlée! For a short and sweet bonne nuit, guests can opt for a Le Petit Grand Prix-Fixe menu on Friday night, and enjoy four courses for $65.
- Cantina Laredo – Spice up your Valentine’s Day with modern Mexican cuisine at Cantina Laredo. Chef Daniel Espinoza will offer a three-course prix fixe from Monday, February 10 to Saturday, February 15. Featured dishes include scallop ceviche, endive salad, cauliflower enchiladas, grilled filet mignon, red velvet tres leches, and apple tart. Specialty cocktails (Cabo Color Flip; Heart Warmer) may be paired for an additional $15.
- Centre Street Kitchen – Offering a special Valentine’s Day menu for $99 per couple that will include the choice of one shared small plate, one shared salad, two entrees, one shared dessert and a complimentary Champagne toast. Reservations can be made online here or by calling 312-815-1917.
- The Chicago Firehouse – The Chicago Firehouse restaurant will celebrate Valentine’s Day in Chicago with a decadent prix fixe menu, available Friday, February 14. Executive Chef Greg Biggers has crafted four courses that include selections such as oven-roasted oysters, mushroom truffle ravioli, lamb lollipops, European sea bass, braised beef short rib, prime ribeye steak Diane for two, white chocolate and strawberry mousse cake, and chocolate fudge cake. The Valentine’s Day dinner is priced at $89 and guests have the option of adding suggested wine pairings for an additional $38.
- Chiya Chai – Offering a prix-fixe dinner menu available in the restaurant’s Backroom from 5 to 10 p.m. on Valentine‘s Day for $35 per person. The menu includes choice of one Beer, Glass of Wine or Cocktail; choice of any appetizer including the popular Chili Chicken and Samosa; choice of any curry option including Coconut Spinach, Eggplant and Scallions, and Creamy Masala Paneer; and the aphrodisiac choice of Masala Chai or Pink Kashmiri Chai for dessert. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 773-360-7541 or online here.
- City Mouse – Make a visit to the West Loop and enjoy Executive Chef Matt Danko’s Valentine’s Day tasting menu at City Mouse, complete with a little bit of everything including oysters, apple salad, seared and smoked chicken OR poached halibut, and a delicious dark chocolate Pot du Creme. The Valentine’s Day cocktail menu is separated by ‘His’ (Old Fashioned prepared tableside), ‘Hers’, ‘Theirs’ (punch), and ‘Cheers’ (a shot) for all to enjoy. Tasting Menu Price: $60. Dinner (5:00pm-10:00pm) on February 14 and February 15.
- The Dearborn – Stop by The Dearborn for a romantic dinner with specials throughout the night. Reservations can be made online.
- El Che Steakhouse & Bar – Cozy up at the El Che hearth for a romantic parrillada platter for two. The Valentine’s Parrillada will go for $90 or $125 to be accompanied by a bottle of sparkling rose. The surf and turf platter features four prawns, one lobster tail, an 8 oz. filet and hollandaise sauce. The chef’s table is still available for reservations if you’re looking to get a group of couples together to celebrate. The more the merrier!
- ETA Restaurant + Bar – Enjoy a delicious prix-fixe menu to celebrate the day. Whether you want to spoil your significant other, enjoy a fantastic meal with friends, or treat yourself, ETA Restaurant + Bar will surely impress. I have included the menu below my signature for your reference.
- Everest – Everest is offering a multi-course Chef’s Tasting Menu offered at $145 per person from 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM and $195 per person from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM plus tax, (gratuity not included). A wine pairing will also be available. As always, complimentary valet parking is offered for our patrons.
- Filini – Join Filini at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago for a four-course meal with romantic touches for $64 per person. Available Friday, February 14 from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. the special Valentine’s Day meal will feature a Diver Sea Scallop starter, guests’ choice of a Winter Salad served with either Black Cod or Butter-Poached Tenderloin, and either a Bittersweet Symphony or Red Velvet Cake dessert. Diners will also receive a champagne toast and elegant box of truffles to take home. Reservations are available through OpenTable or can be made by calling (312) 477-0234.
- Gemini – The Lincoln Park bistro will be offering a prix-fixe menu for the entire night for $80 with an optional wine pairing add-on for $45. Prix-Fixe menu items will be available a la carte at the bar for those looking for something more casual.
- The Graystone Tavern – Chicagoans who visit The Graystone Tavern this Valentine’s Day in Chicago will enjoy a “Taco Dirty to Me” love-themed taco menu for $2 each including “When Chicken Met Taco” (grilled chicken, bacon, avocado, slaw, basil, mayo), “Taco ’bout Spicy Love” (fresh chicken breast, hand-breaded and tossed in Korean BBQ sauce and slaw), and “Love and (chicken)tenderness” (fried chicken mac and cheese, slaw, hot sauce). Drink specials will include $10 bottles of champagne and $14 buckets of the champagne of beers, Miller High Life.
- Hubbard Inn – Diners can enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at the newly renovated Hubbard Inn with a three-course prix fixe menu for $50 per person created by Executive Chef Eric Babula. A beer and wine pairing menu will be available for an additional $25 per person.
- il Porcellino – il Porcellino is hosting an interactive lasagna-making class featuring its signature Baked Burrata Lasagna. In addition to the Baked Burrata Lasagna, there will be antipasti and dessert, plus every guest leaves with a special take-home gift. This class is $99.95 per person, plus tax (gratuity not included). Seating is very limited.
- III Forks Prime Steakhouse – III Forks Prime Steakhouse will welcome Valentine’s Day dining guests with a special “Sweetheart Menu” for two. Available Friday, February 14 and Saturday, February 15, the three-course couple’s menu features the choice of soup or salad (III Forks salad; lobster bisque), two 6-ounce filets mignon served with two 6-ounce cold water lobster tails, and chocolate ganache cake. The menu is detailed below and priced at $180 per couple. In addition to III Forks’ extensive wine list and seasonal craft cocktail menu, the Lakeshore East-located prime steakhouse will feature three wine selections by the glass and bottle (bubbly, white and red).
- La Josie – An upscale-modern Mexican restaurant in the West Loop will offer a Mexican feast for groups to dine together on Friday, February 14. Offerings include the Pollo al Horno, a roasted Amish chicken with black beans and Mexican rice (whole/$30; half/$16) and the Parrillada with grilled skirt steak, chicken breast, housemade chorizo, grilled veggies, and rajas poblanos ($49; with shrimp $57). Reservations are encouraged and can be made online here or by calling 312-929-2900.
- Le Sud – Le Sud, located in Roscoe Village, will welcome couples and twosomes for a three-course sharing menu on Friday, February 14. In addition to the regular dinner menu, the French-Mediterranean restaurant will feature a Valentine’s Day prix fixe by Chef Michael Woodhall. The celebratory meal, outlined below, includes Hama Hama oysters on the half shell, roasted beet Napoleon, 60-day dry-aged grilled NY strip, trout almondine, flourless chestnut cake and creme brulee for $65 per person. Optional wine pairings may be added for $20 per person (Rosé, Bordeaux and Sauternes selections). The prix fixe specials will also be offered a la carte. Le Sud will be open from 5-11 p.m. on Valentine’s Day.
- Margeaux Brasserie – Nestled in Chicago’s vibrant Gold Coast neighborhood, Margeaux Brasserie is one of the coziest restaurants you’ll find in the city. This Valentine’s Day, celebrate with a romantic five-course pre-fixed menu ($120 per guest, excluding tax and gratuity) featuring dishes including Braised Beef Shortrib, Dover Sole for Two and a decadent Champagne Verrine. The menu will be available Friday, February 14th – Sunday, February 16th for Valentine’s Day in Chicago.
- Mastro’s – Guests can enjoy dinner with their sweetie and indulge in a month-long Valentine’s Day dessert special at Mastro’s. The $18 decadent dessert features a chocolate devils food butter cake baked with a cocoa and cream cheese topping served with chocolate ice cream, and drizzled with raspberry sauce and white chocolate ganache. Available Saturday, February 1 through Saturday, February 29.
- Mfk. – Lakeview’s favorite, intimate neighborhood spot is featuring a specialty 5-course tasting menu including a welcome cocktail for $80 this Valentine’s Day. For additional romance in this cozy basement restaurant, opt-in for the wine pairing.
- Momotaro – This monthly Kitchen Dojo series with Executive Chef/Partner Gene Kato is an immersive, behind-the-scenes experience where guests can learn how some of Momotaro’s most beloved dishes are prepared. In each class, Gene will demonstrate the preparation of a dish and explain the traditional and modern techniques that combine in his Japanese cuisine. After each cooking session, guests will enjoy a three-course meal built around the day’s featured dish, complete with beverage pairings. February’s session will be in collaboration with Momotaro’s Executive Pastry Chef Jessica Vasquez. In this class, guests will learn various ways to use chocolate including but not limited to: tarts, truffles, & bonbons. Saturday, February 15, 11:00am-1:00pm, $175 per ticket.
- Morton’s – In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Morton’s in Chicago, Naperville, Northbrook, Rosemont, and Schaumburg will feature an indulgent Steak and Lobster Special for $59. The entree includes an 8-ounce filet mignon paired with a 1¼ pound lobster topped with lobster butter sauce and finished with grated parmesan cheese and a savory puffed pastry.
Ocean Prime – The special dish crafted by Executive Chef Jason Shelley is a Roasted Sea Bass over Alaskan King Crab Gnocchi with decadent Champagne Cream. The dish is topped with a delicious Baby Carrot Salad in a Preserved Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette. The perfect place to celebrate the romantic holiday, Ocean Prime is a vibrant, centrally located modern fine dining experience that offers unparalleled views of both the scenic Magnificent Mile and Chicago River. They are now accepting reservations for the holiday.Advertisement
- Old Pueblo Cantina – Feel like you’re being transported to the Sonoran desert this Valentine’s Day. Old Pueblo will be open for regular dinner service and reservations. The specialty cheese crisp and pitcher of margaritas is calling your name!
- Onward – Diners can enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at Onward in Rogers Park with chef specials created by Executive Chef Patrick Russ. All guests will receive a complimentary pour of champagne to toast. For dinner reservations, call 872.888.8776.
- Osteria Via Stato – Celebrate the holiday with a four-course menu prepared by Chef David DiGregorio, including a toast of sparkling rosé. Cost is $68.95 per person, plus tax (gratuity not included) with the option to add a wine pairing for $30 or $50 per person, plus tax (gratuity not included). For diners choosing to order a la carte, the full dinner menu will be available from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Valentine’s Day.
- Petterino’s – Join Petterino’s for a four-course dinner with passed hors-d’oeuvres and wine pairings from Sonoma Cutrer. Chef Mychael Bonner and Chef Richard Lisby are offering holiday specials with Sonoma Cutrer Wines to complement. Menu highlights include Lobster Ravioli, Braised Wagyu Beef Short Ribs, Strawberry Cloud With Sauce Anglaise, and much more.
- Porto – Impress your date by scoring a reservation at one of Chicago’s hottest new restaurants. Sit at the chef’s island at the center of the restaurant’s artfully appointed dining room, and indulge in authentic Galician and Portuguese seafood and wine while being served by the chefs and sommeliers. The date will feel like a behind-the-scenes culinary tour of the Iberian coast.
- The Publican – Whether you’re single or taken, The Publican is making certain that you won’t go hungry this Valentine’s Day with it’s one-night-only “What We Love” menu. Join the acclaimed Fulton Market beer hall for an eclectic, multi-course family-style meal showcasing Chef de Cuisine Sieger Bayer’s favorite flavors, farmers and purveyors. To ensure the best dining experience, full table participation is required for the special menu so round up your crew or favorite other couple and make a night of it! $55 per person.
- RPM Events – Enjoy a Valentine wine dinner at RPM Events, featuring selections from Paul Hobbs Winery. Sommelier and ambassador Dan Pilkey will be on hand to discuss the wines that expertly pair with dishes including Scallop Carpaccio with Jamon Iberico, Ora King Salmon with fennel confit and Roasted Saddle of Lamb with eggplant and mint chermoula. The Valentine’s Day dinner is $105 per person, plus tax (gratuity not included).
- The Rose Hotel – Love is almost as good as a really great glass of wine, but unmatched when paired with delicious food! To celebrate the love in the air this Valentine‘s Day, The Rose Hotel located in Rosemont has collaborated with The Prisoner Wine Company to host a special pairing dinner on February 14 hosted by John Samaritano featuring a menu crafted by Executive Chef Nicholas Malloy. For $80 per person, the evening will include a cocktail hour beginning at 6 p.m. and a seductive dining experience guided and expertly paired with world-class wines beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $80 per person and can be purchased online here.
- Saba Italian Bar + Kitchen– will offer a special four-course Valentine’s Day prix-fixe menu for $65 per person with menu highlights including Insalata con Aragosta & Palma and Filleto di Maiale con Pancetta. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 773-697-9273.
- Stan’s Donuts & Coffee – A dozen donuts is the new box of chocolates. This Valentine’s Day, celebrate the season of love with Valentine’s Day Donuts, including the Chocolate Turtle Cake Donut (a classic vanilla cake donut topped with chocolate, caramel pecans and chocolate drizzle), Valentine’s Day Themed Sprinkle Donuts and chocolate-covered Red Velvet Donuts. Come enjoy the donuts in stores, preorder them on the Stan’s loyalty app, or ship a box of donuts to your loved ones anywhere in the country via Goldbelly. Available February 2 – February 14.
- Stella Barra – Stella Barra is offering limited-time specials that are sweet, spicy, savory, and perfect for two, from Spicy Crab Spaghetti with garlic butter to our herbed cheese-stuffed Sweet Peppers. And of course, authentic Italian plates are made even better with some vino: Enjoy two glasses of Cantina di Carpi “Notte Rosa” for just $20.
- State and Lake Chicago Tavern – State and Lake Chicago will be offering the ultimate dessert treat for couples this Valentine’s Day. Guests who visit may indulge in a delicious Cuddle Bear Cake comprised of devils’ food cake, rum roasted bananas, vanilla bean mousse and strawberry crunch for just $15. The creation was artfully constructed by Chicago’s Queen of Pastry’s herself, Chef Toni Roberts.
- Summer House Santa Monica – Summer House Santa Monica is offering holiday specials like the Acquerello Risotto Cacio e Pepe and Surf and Turf for Two: Sliced Prime Brandt Beef Ribeye and Butter-Poached Maine Lobster Tail. Sip our special wine pairing Mawby “Sex” Sparkling Rosé (available for $20 for two glasses, plus tax, gratuity not included). The full menus will be available in addition to the specials. Satisfy your sweet tooth from Thursday, February 6 – Monday, February 17 and indulge in a slew of love-inspired desserts from The Market, including Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with passion fruit curd & toasted brown sugar meringue and Red Velvet and Heart-Shaped Iced Sugar Cookies.
- Tanta Chicago – Regular menu plus ultra-elevated Peruvian specials for the occasion by Chef Giancarlo Valera, served on Friday, February 14 – Sunday, February 16.
- Temporis – Impress your loved one at one of Chicago’s newest Michelin-starred restaurants, Temporis, also one of its most intimate. At only 20 seats in the Noble Square restaurant, service is impeccable and tailored to make each table feel like they’re the only ones in the restaurant. If you’re staying in on the 14th, stop in for dinner earlier in the week to try their recently launched five-course tasting menu, an abbreviated journey through the seasons.
- Tokio Asian Fusion – Tokio Asian Fusion’s holiday specials include a Love Drunk Martini, try some heart-shaped press sushi, and even feel the heat with cooking your own marinated filet on the hot rock. Tokio Asian Fusion’s full a la carte menu will be available in addition to the specials from Friday, February 14 – Saturday, February 15.
- Tuscany – Tuscany on Taylor Street will offer a la carte specials in celebration of Valentine’s Day in Chicago on Friday, February 14 and Saturday, February 15. Created by Executive Chef Victorio Padilla, highlights include Grigliata Mista (shrimp, calamari, cannellini beans, garlic herb sauce; $15), Agnolotti (shrimp filled, citrus cream sauce, crab meat; $20), and Aragosta e Filetto (butter baked 6-ounce lobster, grilled 5-ounce filet, sautéed spinach; $42). The complete menu is available upon request. Reservations are recommended.
- Uvae – Guests will indulge in decadent chef specials and wine pairings this Valentine’s Day in Chicago weekend at Uvae in Andersonville. For dessert, diners can indulge in a $9 Sparkling Sorbet Float. Chef Smith’s signature French Macarons will be provided as a special complimentary treat at the end of the meal. Reservations are recommended by booking with Resy.
- Walton Street Kitchen + Bar – The Gold Coast restaurant will be offering a prix-fixe menu for $85 per person. Specialty menu items include Hamachi Carpaccio, Pan Seared Foie Gras, Surf & Turf and French Silk Pie. Grab a drink before or afterward in The Lounge and snuggle up by the fireplace for a romantic evening.
- Young American – There are few dishes more romantic than Veal Parm..except for a jumbo veal parm built for sharing. Matt’s Veal Parm, the pop-up with a cult-like following, is joining forces with Young American’s chef Nick Jirasek for a ticketed aphrodisiac-fueled Valentine‘s Day feast built for two. An a la carte menu will launch at 9 pm following two ticketed seatings for Parm lovers. $100 per couple, a la carte prices vary on Friday, February 14 with seatings at 6 pm and 7:30 pm, a la carte menu available at 9 pm.
- Yugen – In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Michelin-starred Yugen in the West Loop will offer an 8-course tasting menu available for $250 per person (additional $150 for beverage pairing) from Thursday, February 13 through Saturday, February 15.
The Best Diners Near You in Chicago
Are you looking for the best places to eat in the city? View our recommendations.
- Arbella – Regular menu plus two cocktails to fit the mood by Beverage Director Eric Trousdale (drink specials served Thursday, 2.13 – Saturday, 2.15)
- She Said Yes grey goose vodka, lychee, rhubarb, hibiscus, peach, bubbles
- Netflix & Chill bourbon, salted caramel, vanilla with a side cheese popcorn
- Funkenhausen – Chicago’s only German-Southern mash-up restaurant is saying “Ich liebe dich” with specialty cocktails in the spirit of the holiday, paying homage to Germany’s eastern neighbor, Poland—with vodka. New cocktails include a chocolate martini cocktail made with vodka, Bailey’s, chocolate and raspberry, as well as a new fruity red cocktail with vodka, cherries, cinnamon, and lemon.
- MONEYGUN – This interesting Valentine’s Day idea includes large format cocktails that are easy to share with your bae. The laidback West Loop hotspot that prides itself on being “just a bar” invites couples to bust a move on the dance floor while enjoying super-sized specially craft cocktails such as a celebratory French 150, a double portion of the citrusy gin and Champagne French 75, or a refreshing High Life Spaghetti for two, made with High Life beer, Aperol, and lemon juice.
- Reviver – The newly-opened cocktail bar in the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile will celebrate Valentine‘s Day in Chicago on Thursday, February 13 and Friday, February 14 with two glasses of Rose Sangria for $20.
Valentine’s Day Activity Ideas
- Ice Skating For Two – The Lincoln Park Zoo, McCormick Tribune Ice Rink and Maggie Daley Park Skating Ribbon are all offering some romantic skating fun come February 14th.
- Cupid’s Undie Run – Take a nearly nude jog for charity on Saturday, February 8th, for Valentine’s Day in Chicago.
- Second City – Laugh your ass off at Second City, where more than 20 performances are playing on Valentine’s Day. Take your pick and enjoy the show.
- The Naked At The Art Museum Scavenger Hunt – Spend the weekend before V-Day scouring the Art Institute of Chicago for some of it’s, er, most NSFW pieces.
- Chicago Botanic Garden Orchid Show – One of the city’s most beautiful traditions returns on February 8th – just in time for the holiday!
- Chicago Valentine’s Day Dinner Cruise – Let Spirit Cruises take you away this V-Day on an extra-special dinner cruise for two.
Spa @theWit —“Blissfully In Love Couples” massages and “Just You + Me Couples” pedicures for this season of love! Nothing says “I care for you.” more than an intimate and relaxing trip to the spa with that special person in your life. And each treatment comes with a glass of champagne and take-home gifts for guests to celebrate one another.Advertisement
- GT Fish & Oyster – Switch it up this year for Valentine’s Day and jump into a hands-on shucking demo led by chefs while learning everything you could ever want know about oysters and how to pair them like a pro! Held in the Whale Room, the private space at GT Fish & Oyster, spend date night and Valentine’s Day doing a fun, hands-on shucking experience! Stay for dinner before or after class and receive 20% off your bill! Wednesday, February 12, $75 per ticket.
- Valentine’s Day The Bachelor Themed Trivia at The Rambler – Guests are invited to get their group dates together to play The Bachelor themed team trivia at The Rambler in North Center on Friday, February 14 at 7:30 p.m. Prizes will include a 10 person TheBachelor season finale viewing party for first place and a five-person viewing party for second place. The viewing parties will include appetizers and drinks.
- Love-Themed Coloring Night and Heart-Shaped Pizzas at Remedy – Chicagoans who visit Remedy on Valentine’s Day can show off their artistic talents or doodle while they drink and participate in a Valentine’s Day coloring night. Remedy will provide “love” themed coloring books and coloring supplies along with candy and heart-shaped pizza (while supplies last). Specials will include $1 off all wine by the glass (normally $10 to $12). Wine selections include Sidekick Chardonnay, Babich Sauvignon Blanc, Angels and Cowboys Rosé, Ruffino Prosecco, Planet Oregon Pinot Noir, and 75 Wine Co Cabernet.
“Happy Valen-TINAS Day!” – Las Tinas Improv is celebrating the month of love with “Happy Valen-TINAS Day!”, a fully improvised telenovela (soap opera). Inspired by audience suggestions, Las Tinas immerse the audience into a passionate and steamy telenovela while delivering spicy comedy and tequila shots. “Happy Valen-TINAS Day!” runs every Friday from February 7 to February 28 at iO Theater. The show is in English with a little bit of Spanish. Las Tinas will also be pairing their delicious drama with romantic V-Day food/drink specials: Pink Tina-Ritas ($8) and delicious heart-shaped sopes ($7 plain – $9 w/ chicken).
- “Queen of Hearts” Drag Brunch at Tack Room – This Valentine’s Day in Chicago weekend, take your partner-in-crime to dine with a queen who proves that love is a drag at Tack Room, the equestrian-themed cocktail bar located within Pilsen’s historic Thalia Hall. To celebrate the holiday of love, Tack Room presents the “Queen of Hearts” Drag Brunch, with Chicago’s royal diva Wanda Screw and piano maestro Kevan Eftekhari. Guests can enjoy brunch favorites like the Ricotta Beignets, Hot Chicken & Waffles and the Leek & Kale Quiche from neighboring Dusek’s while singing along to their favorite love songs with Wanda and Kevan. Saturday, February 15. Reservations start at 11:00 a.m., show starts at 12:30 p.m. Reservations made by calling Dusek’s directly at (312) 526 – 3851.
- Cocktail Class at Revival Food Hall – Whether you’re in love this Valentine’s Day in Chicago or you just love a good cocktail, Revival Food Hall is giving you a chance to sharpen your bar skills just in time for the holiday during “Shaken v Stirred,” a hands-on cocktail making class led by Bar Manager Mark Phelan of Revival-Cafe Bar. Participants will learn the difference between when to shake it up and when to give a drink a good stir, plus cocktail-making techniques and drink recipes that are sure to impress on future date nights. Each guest will get the opportunity to try their hand at crafting both types of cocktails, then have the freedom to put their own spin on things and make a unique drink as special as their date. Wednesday, February 12, at 6 pm for $45 per person.
- Tortello’s Amore Bello Experience – Savor the essence of true Italian romance and hospitality at Amore Bello, an immersive Valentine’s Day dinner and pasta-making lesson presented by Tortello, Wicker Park’s family-run Italian restaurant and pastificio. The beloved neighborhood spot invites couples to begin their experience by learning the technique behind its signature fresh pasta during an intimate 30-minute iteration of its popular pasta-making classes. Participants will learn the basics of the celebrated culinary craft at their tables, from building their own miniature flour and water “volcanos” of dough and then rolling and cutting it into a number of intricate pasta shapes. Following the interactive portion of the evening, diners will feast upon selections from Tortello’s menu of authentic Italian fare created by Executive Chef Duncan Biddulph using recipes passed down to Monni from relatives in Italy. Each couple will enjoy a half-liter carafe of wine along with a four-course meal featuring stuzzichini (finger foods), salad, heart-shaped “handmade with love” pasta, authentic pesce or carne dishes and a traditional Italian dessert to end the romantic Valentine’s Day dinner on a sweet note.
- avec’s Valentine’s Day Pizza Making Class – Skip the usual Valentine’s Day fanfare and grab your honey or group of galentines for a hands-on culinary experience at avec on Saturday, February 15th as Chef de Cuisine Perry Hendrix leads a deliciously interactive pizza-making class. During the 90-minute lesson Chef Hendrix will educate class participants on how to properly roll their own dough, ladle on just the right amount of sauce and expertly top their pizzas before firing them in avec’s wood-burning stove. To round out the afternoon, avec’s beverage masters will be sharing tips and tricks for mixing up the perfect Aperol spritz to accompany the pies. Tickets include light bites such as charcuterie and hummus, red and white wine options to sip during the class an Aperol spritz cocktail and a pizza to share. Cost is $125.
- Heart Shape Chocolate Cake from Portillo’s – Portillo’s annual heart-shaped cakes are back again! For just $15.99 you can get one of the restaurant’s famous chocolate cakes in heart form, available for both delivery and pick up.
- Mindy’s Hot Chocolate – Not only is this Wicker Park favorite offering reservations for a romantic V-Day, but you can also pre-order ombre chocolate-covered strawberries or assorted chocolate brittles for pick up on the big day.
- Flowers For Dreams – Go classic and send an arrangement of beautiful flowers to your partner in crime.
- Paella Cooking Kit for Two – Looking to keep warm and stay in on Valentine’s Day in Chicago? Celebrate with Boqueria in the comfort of your home with the Paella cooking kit for two. Kit includes a 32cm Paella Pan and ingredients listed below to make Chef Marc’s Chorizo and Piquillo Pepper Paella ($85 – available for pick up at our restaurant locations). To order, please email CateringNYC@Boqueriarestaurant.com.
- Pizano’s Pizza & Pasta – Offering Heart-Shaped Pizzas during the entire month of February for dine-in and shipping. For shipping only, receive one heart-shaped pizza free when you buy a two or four-pack of mix-and-match pizzas. Nothing like the gift of pizza.
- Or…you could always try these creative gifts!
Read More: The Most Popular Movies Featuring Idris Elba