We’re about to get into the swing of the biggest 4th of July parties, events, and fireworks shows, and trust me when I say Chicago’s got it going on.
We know how to party out here. These are a few of the 4th of July parties and events in Chicago where you can celebrate our freedom on Independence Day this year.
Chicago 4th Of July Events, Cruises, Food, & Fireworks Shows
- 4th of July Skyline Lunch Cruise 1 pm—3 pm. Odyssey Cruises. $64+
- 4th of July Fireworks Dinner Cruise 7:30 pm—10:30 pm. Odyssey Cruises. $199+
- Lakefront Independence Day Fireworks Dinner Cruise 7:30 pm—10:30 pm. Mystic Blue. $84+
- Paradigm Back Lot BBQ on the Terrace @ Estate Ultra Bar. 2 pm. $10+
- Free Matcha Soft Serve @ Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya. July 5 – 7. No purchase necessary!
- Al Fresco Dining @ Onward. July 5 – 7. Full food and drink menus available!
- Happy Hour and Lunch @ Torchio. July 5 – 7. Lunch specials + $9 wines and apps.
4th Of July Events Near You At Rooftop Bars, Cruises, & Parties
- Chicago Party Boat Booze Cruise 12 pm—2:30 pm $20+; 4pm—6:30pm $20+; 8pm—11 pm $60+
- The River North Rooftop Bar Crawl @ River North bars. 3 pm – 8 pm. $10+
- Chicago’s All-American Bars @ Multiple Locations.
- Red, White and Blue Cocktail @ Cantina Laredo. July 4 – 7.
- 1776 Cocktail @ aliveOne. July 4. $8, plus $5 Lagunitas and Tito’s.
- Orange Bottle Rocket Cocktails @ Easy Bar. July 4, 8 pm – 2 am. $8, plus $4 draft of the day and $5 Rabbit La Protesta.
- F*ck Your Patio Cocktails @ Estelle’s. July 4, 10 pm – 4 am. $7, plus $4 featured drafts, $5 Tito’s, and $5 quesadillas.
- Uncle Sam’s Cookout @ Joy District. July 4, 12 pm – close. $5 grilled hot dogs, $14 boozy Firecracker frozen cocktail, $14 Frozé.
- Forty’s on the Fourth Party @ Parlay. July 4, 12 pm – close. $12 select 40-ounce beers paired with a whiskey shot.
- Yankee Doodle Cocktails @ Remedy. July 4, 10 pm – 4 am. $8, plus FREE unlimited hot dogs (while supplies last)!
- Boba-infused Mixology Class @ Staytion Market & Bar. July 4, 5 pm – 7 pm. $14, includes the cocktail!
4th of July Parades, Picnics, Festivals, Concerts, & Parties in Chicago
- Crosstown Classic: Cubs vs. White Sox @ Guaranteed Rate Field. 6:15 pm. $111+
- Oak Fest July 3—7. Oak Forest, IL. Free admission.
- 4th of July 5K Virtual Run Whenever & wherever. Free!
- 4th on 53rd Parade and Picnic 11 am—1:30 pm. 4th on 53rd Parade Staging Grounds. Free admission.
- Jazzin’ at the Shedd July 3 at 5 pm—10 pm. Shedd Aquarium. $20 for Chicago residents.
- Live Music and Fireworks @ Miller Lite Beer Garden. July 3 – 7.
- Beach Party & Entertainment @ Castaways. July 4, 1 pm – 7 pm. $10 Stars & Stripes frozen cocktail.
- Late Night Party @ The Owl. July 4, 10 pm – 4 am. $6 Pretty on the Inside cocktails and $3 Budweiser cans.
- NY Strip Steak Grilling Class @ Weber Grill Academy Schaumburg. July 6, 6 – 8 pm. $85 per person.
- 60th Annual Independence Day Celebration @ The Chicago History Museum. July 4, 10 am – 12 pm. Free.
Where to Watch 4th of July Fireworks in Chicago
- Aon Summer Fireworks @ Navy Pier. July 6 at 10:15 pm. Free admission.
- Best Views of Navy Pier Fireworks @ Offshore. 7-10 PM. General Admission: $150 per guest; includes open bar access with signature cocktails and an assortment of food stations | VIP Marina Table or VIP Lounge (For Groups of 14): $3,000 and $3,500, respectively; includes early entry at 6:30 pm, a reserved table with Chef selected menu items and cocktails personally served at the table
- Skydeck Chicago
- A Boat Cruise – Odyssey Cruises, Shoreline Sightseeing Company, Mystic Blue, Seadog Cruises, Spirit Cruises
- Museum Campus – Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, 12th Street Beach, Northerly Island
- Nearby Beaches – North Avenue Beach for a party, Montrose Beach for more privacy, or Clark Street Beach in Evanston for unbeatable views from across the city
Need parking? UrbanMatter has your back.