Every single year Windy City Smokeout is the talk of the summer. It’s arguably the city’s most popular music festival. Even for folks, like this writer, who do not care much for country music it’s a good time. It’s the perfect marriage of food, beer, energy, and, yes, music. All things considered it is decidedly better than any other music festival downtown. The Windy City Smokeout 2022 lineup, dates and ticket information was released this week so let’s dive in and see who will be in attendance and how you can get tickets to check them out.
Thursday, August 4th – Sunday, August 7th
- 8/4 — Gates Open at 1PM
8/5 — Gates Open at 2PM
8/6 — Gates Open at 1PM
8/7 — Gates Open at 1PM
Hosted by popular barbecue joint, Bub City, and ACM award-winning Joe’s Bar, Windy City Smokeout will be returning to the iconic United Center parking lot. The arena’s north parking lot is transformed into the world’s coolest outdoor cafeteria on one end and a perfect open air music studio on the other.
United Center Address: 1901 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60612
- Thursday, August 4 (gates at 1pm): Morgan Wade, Zach Bryan, Turnpike Troubadours, Willie Nelson & Family
- Friday, August 5 (gates at 2pm): Shelby Darrall, Tiera Kennedy, Niko Moon, Russell Dickerson, Tim McGraw
- Saturday, August 6 (gates at 1pm): Lily Rose, Mackenzie Porter, Jordan Davis, Sam Hunt
- Sunday, August 7 (gates at 1pm): Mike & the Moonpies, Flatland Cavalry, Mitchell Tenpenny, Miranda Lambert
I will never claim to be a country music aficionado but I’ll be damned if I didn’t say it’s pretty cool that Willie Nelson will be there. The stage isn’t the only thing that’ll be lit up that night.
- One Day GA (Thursday & Sunday): $49.95
- One Day GA (Friday & Saturday): $64.95
- Four Day GA: $184.95
- One Day VIP (Thursday & Sunday): $250
- One Day VIP (Friday & Saturday): $350
- Four Day VIP: $1,100
- One Day Super VIP (Thursday & Sunday): $500
- One Day Super VIP (Friday & Saturday): $650
- Four Day Super VIP: $2,000