Prop Thtr and The Curious Theater Branch present Chicago’s longest-running fringe theater festival, Rhino Fest 2020. Fringe theater is a style of theater that is considered experimental in subject matter.
The traditional opening ceremony of the Rhinoceros Theater Festival, Full Moon Vaudeville, will take place January 11, 2020. Shows will run every night (except Tuesdays) from January 17th through February 23rd.
Here is the full list of shows that the festival will feature:
- Affection as a Space Vacuum
- All My Little Words
- An Apology for the Course & Outcome of Certain Events…
- An Interview
- Arianne a Naxos by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Bear with Me!
- Beckett: A Show about Nothingness
- Café Neckbeard Presents: 99% Celery (Dinner in the Garden of Glass Whales)
- Deep Fried Refried
- The River Expectation
- Finally, a Play with the State or Quality of Having Existence or Substance.
- Four Story Animal Plus Dessert
- Ghosts of Whitechapel
- David Hauptschein’s SCANDALS
- Helen Keller and Me
- Hotel Violet
- Ideal House
- Loser-Woman Comedy
- Mad Girls
- NO ONE WATCHING
- Office Hours: Aid and Comfort
- On a Pin Cushion
- Out, Darn Spot!
- Panther Women: An Army for the Liberation
- Pralines on a Hot Plate
- Robin Cline
- Seeing Starrs Again
- Steak Richardson
- That’s Not the Way I Heard It
- The Anxiety Variety Show
- The Kingdom of Slovenalia
- Night the Cubs Won
- The Panadero’s Ex-Boyfriend
- The Plucky Rosenthal Show
- The Priestess of Morphine
- The Shady Lady
- The Uploose Odditorium
- This Is a Play About Newscasters
- Tiny Vibrating Strings
- Two Idiots in a Haunted House
- Two Pieces from Fay Glassman
- Wait, What?
- Wallace Shawn’s The Fever
- who walked all night with their shoes full of blood
- Whoa Man
- You Want Everything
The festival will take place at Prop Thtr, 3502 N. Elston Avenue, in Chicago’s Avondale neighborhood. Tickets are $15 advance, and pay-what-you-can at the door.
At UrbanMatter, U Matter. And we think this matters.
Tell us what you think matters in your neighborhood and what we should write about next in the comments below!
Featured Image Credit: Rhino Fest