Sorry y’all, but those “Free Hug” coupons just aren’t gonna cut it anymore.
From brunches to spa treatments, this is the stuff your mom actually wants for Mother’s Day.
- Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!: Join this LincolnPark favorite in celebrating mom with a “Tapas for Mamas” brunch, from 9am to 3pm on Sunday, May 13th. With delicious breakfast pintxos and enough sangria to go around, this is what your mom deserves.
- Mon Ami Gabi: Nothing says “love ya, Ma” quite like some fine French food. Head to this Chicago staple on Mother’s Day for brunch – featuring favorites like Creme Brulee French Toast and Bacon Quiche – between 10am and 2:30pm.
- Cindy’s Rooftop: Breakfast with a view, anyone? Hit up Cindy’s Rooftop on May 13th for a sun-drenched celebration including caviar, mimosas and more.
- Shore Club: This lakefront restaurant is doin’ Mother’s Day right with an all-you-can-eat getaway, with seatings at both 10am and 12:30pm. Oh, and there is definitely gonna be a Bloody Mary bar.
- Summer House Santa Monica: Whisk Mom away on a California adventure at Summer House Santa Monica, a Cali-themed spot serving up a mean Sunday brunch with all the amazing cocktails to go with it.
- Split-Rail: Split-Rail is doing a Golden Girls-themed brunch for Mother’s Day this year. Honestly, ’nuff said – sign us up.
- Margeaux Brasserie: The prix-fixe menu at this French gem offers five selections for each of the first two courses, from lobster bisque to Alaskan king crab benedict, with a choice of dessert no less decadent to end the meal. Add-on options to be served tableside include Chariot de Pain Perdu, a decadent brioche French toast carved to order at your table. Brunch is $65 for adults and $45 for kids.
- Mindy’s Hot Chocolate: Consistently named one of the best brunches in Chicago, Hot Chocolate is the perfect choice for mom.
- Frontier: This heavy-hitter is doing a $29 per seat, family style platter that includes beignets so, you should maybe make reservations now.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at the Zoo: A Chicago tradition, take Mom to the Lincoln Park Zoo for a Sunday stroll and breakfast spread.
- RPM Italian: Do Mother’s Day up big with RPM Italian’s four-course, springtime menu on the 13th. The best part? Every mom who comes in for the Mother’s Day menu will go home with a treat and a $25 gift card.
- Regards to Edith: One of Chicago’s hottest restaurants, Regards to Edith is beautiful, delicious and perfect for mom.
- RM Champagne Salon: Take advantage of Chicago’s patio season with RM Champagne Salon, a gorgeous, outdoor eatery with, you guessed it, an amazing champagne selection.
- Fort Willow: This brand new bar and restaurant in Lincoln Park is one of the coolest dinner spots in the city. C’mon, don’t you think mom deserves to eat at one of the coolest dinner spots in the city???
Gifts and Events
- The Spa that the JW Marriott: Sweep mom off her feet this Mother’s Day with a spa package from the JW Marriott.
- Flower Donuts from Stan’s: Skip the flower bouquet on Mother’s Day and opt for a dozen of Stan’s flower donuts instead. Trust us, it’s better.
- Portillo’s Heart Shaped Chocolate Cake: IIITTTTT’SSSS BAAAACCCCKKK. Get mom what she really wants: a full chocolate cake, just for her.
- Aire Bath House: With spa services that include a red wine soak and a thermal bath experience, Aire is unlike any other spa around.
- Free Coffee at Caffe Umbria: Stop by Cafe Umbria in Logan Square or River North on Sunday, May 13th and get a free coffee drink for mom.
- Crosstown Classic: For the sporty mom, grab some tickets to the Cubs/Sox game on Sunday, May 13th. They may be pricey but damn, she’s worth it, right?
- Chicag0 Botanic Gardens: An oldie but a goodie, spend a day wandering the Chicago Botanic Gardens and taking in the scenery this Mother’s Day.