The Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon is Back!
That’s right folks, the Skating Ribbon at Maggie Daley Park is back again for the 2017 winter season!
Starting on Friday, November 17th, skaters both young and old can head to Maggie Daley Park for an ice experience like none other. Billed as “the alpine in the city,” the Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon curves throughout the park’s rolling landscape, offering its visitors a track twice the length of your average ice rink with unreal skyline views. In addition to the rink itself, a number of hot chocolate stands also dot the track, making this skate rink the perfect spot for all your winter festivities in Chicago.
Admission to the skating ribbon is FREE!
Skate Rentals are $12 Monday – Thursday and $14 on weekends. $40 will get you a line-skipping fast pass, a locker and a pair of skates. $90 will get you two fast passes, two lockers, and two pairs of skates PLUS hot chocolate.
- Monday – Thursday: noon – 8:00pm
- Friday: noon – 10:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 10:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Special Holiday Hours
- Thanksgiving, November 23, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Friday, November 24, 10:00am – 10:00pm
- Christmas Eve, December 24, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Christmas Day, December 25, 10:00am – 9:00pm
- New Year’s Eve, December 31, 10:00am – 8:00pm
- New Year’s Day, January 1, 10:00am – 9:00pm
For more information – including zamboni hours – head to Maggie Daley Park’s website here. Happy Skating!
Featured Image Credit: Maggie Daley Park