Free summer concerts? Now we’re speaking my language.
A much-loved West Loop venue – and general home to any and all things punk – House of Vans has finally announced its lineup of free shows for the summer of 2018. Affectionately known as the Vans House Parties series, the cost-free live shows have quickly become a Chicago favorite since premiering last year.
This year’s schedule kicks off with a performance from Chicago native and emcee Vic Mensa on May 31st, and continues with live shows from acts the likes of Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Wolf Parade. You can check out the full lineup below.
Plus, in an effort to introduce audiences to a few up-and-coming favorites, each headliner has been asked to call up an unsigned artist as their opening act. For his show later this month, Vic has appropriately tapped Chicago rapper KAMI.
And though, yes – all tickets to the Vans House Parties are free – you do still have to RSVP, which you can do from the House of Vans website here.
- May 31: Vic Mensa, KAMI & The Pack (RSVP open now)
- June 8: Princess Nokia (RSVP opens May 23)
- June 21: Iceage (RSVP opens May 31)
- July 12: Dead Milkmen (RSVP opens June 26)
- July 27: Unknown Mortal Orchestra (RSVP opens July 12)
- August 8: Wolf Parade (RSVP opens July 25)
Featured Image Credit: House of Vans Instagram