Chicago’s annual Polar Plunge is here!
On January 26, at 12pm, located at the Oak Street Beach, Get ready for Chicago’s Polar Bear Plunge hosted by the Chicago Polar Bear Club. What started as three plungers, now has flourished to over 2,000 participants within the last years. Since 2001, the club brings together people of all kinds to partake on the daring challenge of diving into the wintry Lake Michigan for a wonderful cause. All proceeds this year goes to benefiting 3 real families of Chicago. Visit the families and read their stories here. Previous raisings have been over $270,000, the amount continuing to rise each year the polar plunge persist.
Registration for the plunge is $30 per person and is available here. Volunteers who create their own fundraiser page and raise $100 or more will receive a free CPBC t-shirt. For further information, visit their fundraiser page. At any time, you can also donate directly to the Chicago Polar Bear Club, whether you decide to take the dive or not.
Here’s what all to expect:
- Be sure to arrive early to check in and receive your “thank you” giveaway reward, located at the registration tent. While you’re there, take a look at CPBC’s T-shirts, hoodies, and hats on sale.
- The plunge starts right at noon, so be on time. All plungers will take the dive together, so keep you’re ears and eyes open for the final announcement.
- All plungers must wear shoes!
- Bring a pair of warm clothing. Bathrobes are welcomed.
- Costumes are highly encouraged. So dress-up for the chance to win their costume contest.
Saturday is expected to be a very chilly day, so grab friends and family to join with you for daring support and embrace the chilly challenge for a heartwarming cause.