Here at UrbanMatter, we pride ourselves on leading the charge when it comes to Chicago entertainment. Need ideas? News? Info? From venues, restaurants, and bars to events, festivals, and music — we’ve got you covered.
Our newest creation? The all-inclusive UM app, which helps users discover restaurants, bars, spas, gyms, and everything else by searching for what truly matters: specials, price range, live music, the vibe, and even celebrity sightings.
And now you have the chance to become a campus ambassador for UM and our new app! The Campus Ambassador role is extremely important to our goal of promoting UM to young people on college campuses. We’ll send you promotional materials to be distributed at sports games, pep-rallies, and in places where students congregate to spread awareness for our app and website.
Show your fellow students how useful and fun it is to use our app, and walk them through the various ways they can search for exactly what they want, wherever they are. We need someone to spread the word about how UM can improve the urban lifestyle by helping you make the right decisions based on what matters.
- Promote UM at organized events, games, rallies, and in popular areas on campus
- Promote the brand on campus-specific promotions via social media
- Post posters on campus billboards and pass out flyers to passing students
- Hand out UM swag and materials on campus
- Become a UM brand ambassador
- Contribute to the UM site and social channels, on occasion
Our ideal candidate will:
- Graduate in 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022
- Be an influential campus voice
- Know their way around Chicago and visit frequently
- Have an energetic, eager, and enthusiastic attitudes
- Be a quick learner and confident individual
- Be ready to work hard for great internship experience in marketing, communications, business, and social media
- Understand the value of social media and know how to use it to promote opportunities, brands, and products
- Actively use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and/or Pinterest
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a paragraph detailing your involvement on campus, previous internships you’ve been involved with, and the reason you’re interested in working for UrbanMatter