Spring cocktails are a ritual. From refreshing herb-based drinks to fruity spritz, Chicago’s spring drink scene is full of al fresco vibes. Whether you’re looking for a playful afternoon drink, or an elegant dinner beverage, these seasonal items from our favorite Chicago bars and restaurants will chime with your spring mood.
312 Chicago: Grass Is Greener
136 N La Salle St, Chicago, IL 60602
Green is the theme for spring in Chicago, not only because of St. Patrick’s Day, but how much urban greenery we have across the city. 312 Chicago, the recently re-opened Chicagoan’s favorite, presents a new spring cocktail, Grass Is Greener. Featuring Aviation Gin, lime juice, basil simple syrup, St Germain, and Egg Whites, this cocktail will remind you of the refreshing grass smell after a spring drizzle.
Venteux: The Banana Bee
224 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601
As the weather warms up and the flowers begin to bloom, there’s no better way to celebrate the arrival of spring than with a refreshing, punchy cocktail like “The Banana Bee”. This drink combines the crisp and botanical notes of gin with the tropical and fruity flavors of banana liqueur making it a perfect choice for those who want to indulge in a taste of the tropics while still enjoying the bright, fresh flavors of the season.
The Whistler: As You Wish
Inspired by the 1980’s cult favorite movie, The Princess Bride, The Whistler’s “As You Wish” is a springtime celebration with enough whimsy to rival that of the movie. The violet liqueur atop the drink gives a big aromatic bouquet and mixes into the cocktail as you drink it, changing the color and flavor from grassy and tropical courtesy of a blend of mezcal, sotol, orgeat and Beneditctine Honey Liqueur to floral and bright. Best enjoyed al fresco on The Whistler’s quaint backyard patio.
Lardon: AS IF…
2200 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
AS IF…: This mezcal spritz is sweet, earthy, floral, and excellent for sipping during springtime. Starting with smoky and earthy Mezcal Union Uno as the base, the cocktail also features the Italian aperitif Ramozotti Rosato and Cocchi Rosa, a bright & gently bittersweet rose aperitif wine. When combined with fresh lemon and bubbly prosecco, the resulting drink celebrates the return of warm weather with floral notes of orange blossom & hibiscus.
Soif Wine Lounge: Saffrodesiac
2456 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
Daffodil and sunshine, spring and cocktail. You get the idea, right? The striking Saffrodesiac is made with Neisson Rhum Agricolem (an unaged sugarcane rum with citrus and floral notes) combined with Apologue Saffron Liqueur, Almond Orgeat, lemon juice and Bittermens Elemakule Tiki Bitters. The final cocktail is garnished with edible marigolds and nasturtiums.
110 W Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60654
Continuing their tradition of delicious seasonal menus, Sunda New Asian brings us three classic spring cocktails this year. If you enjoy a spring refresher that’s light, fruity, and with a slight kick of spices, all three of these drinks will satisfy your taste buds!
Lucky Rabbit — altos plata, ginger liqueur, strawberry puree, lime, lychee, watermelon liqueur, red bull watermelon
Peared Sake — grey goose la poire, ginger, pineapple, sparkling sake, cinnamon rim
Grass Tiger — jalapeño infused roku gin, lemongrass, lime, orange, ginger beer, fresh spanked mint
The Press Room: The Pimm’s Cup #18
1134 W Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL 60607
Inspired by the classic drink “The Pimm’s Cup or House Cup” invented some time between 1823 and 1840 by James Pimm in is oyster bar in London, this cocktail was consumed as a refreshing beverage during the hot summer, originally mix with Gin as well as Pimm’s No our version is made with Mezcal and house made cucumber syrup giving a modern twist to a classic cocktail.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something lighter, try their Everleigh Spritz, made with Everleigh liquor, elderflower liquor, simple syrup, orange bitters, a splash of soda, and topped with Prosecco.
1525 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60610
Located in the heart of Chicago’s Old Town, LG’S Bar & Kitchen is welcoming the season of hope and life with three spring cocktails featuring delicious fruit and refreshing herbs:
- Into the Bleu: Blueberry Stoli, blueberry puree, lemonade, topped with bleu Prosecco and garnished with three blueberries
- You had me at Pinot: Basil Hayden Dark Rye, Pinot Noir, three blackberries/mint leaves, lemon juice, and topped with Ginger Beer. Garnished with two mint leaves and a blackberry.
- Maui Mule: a shareable cocktail with Stoli Vanilla, Passoa liquor, passion fruit puree, ginger puree, and lime juice, topped with Ginger ale. Garnished with mint, LG Straws, lime wheels, an umbrella, and a rubber ducky.
632 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60654
To celebrate the start of some fabulous weather in the Windy City, River North hotspot, TAO Chicago, has added 7 seasonal cocktails to its menu (linked HERE). Expertly crafted, the refreshing cocktails range widely in both color and flavor profile, including the Fuji Sky, of which 10% of proceeds will be donated to autism-related charities for the month of April for Autism Awareness Month. Other cocktails include:
- Find Your Ikigai ($18): with Casamigos Blanco Tequila, Mount Gay Rum, Ilegal Mezcal, Taro Coconut Cream and Lime
- Fuji Sky ($18): with Snow Maiden Nigori Sake, Floral Amaro, Yuzu, Blue Spirulina, and TAO House Blend Tea
- Cucumber Crush ($18): with Beefeater Gin, Cointreau, Cucumber, Mexican Lime, and Agave
- Coiling Dragon ($19): with Toki Japanese Whisky, Knob Creek Bourbon, Pandan Sugar, Orange and Plum Bitters
- Bangkok Minute ($18): with Hennessy VSOP Cognac, Stranahan Single Malt Whiskey, Salted Thai Tea, and Sweetened Vanilla Milk
- From Shanghai with Love ($20): with Bulleit Bourbon, Green Chartreuse, and Strawberry Szechuan Peppercorn Vermouth
- Casa de Clase ($65): with Clase Azul Reposado Tequila, Thai Chili, Mango, Almond and Lime
912 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610
Sophisticated bistro spotlighting handmade pastas, Wagyu strips, and a curated wine list, Adalina also impresses diners with a unique cocktail list.. The spring cocktail menu includes Here I Go Again (Grey Goose, Aperol, Lemon, Raspberry, Processo, Raspberry Foam), My Team Supreme (Tanquerey, Yellow Chartreuse, Lemon, Egg White, Cucumber Basil, Absinthe), and Illusions of Oasis (Bulleit Rye, Cocchi Rossa, Cynar, Blueberry Honey, Lemon).
1726 S Racine Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
Get ready for a delicious Spring as La Luna Chicago introduces its Spring Menu! Located in Chicago’s vibrant and historically significant Pilsen neighborhood, La Luna stays true to the community’s ever-evolving cultural roots, offering a place for locals and visitors to enjoy an artsy play on Mexican recipes in a creative space that pays homage to the diverse and artistic vibe of the neighborhood. New spring cocktails at La Luna include:
- Mangonda ($16): A fruity Mango and Orange frozen Mezcal cocktail with Chamoy/Tajin rim and garnished with diced mango and tajin.
- Jalisco Mule ($15): A fresh and sour tasting cocktail featuring Raicilla, garnished with lime wedge and mint leaves.
- Cherry Negroni ($15): Bittersweet and strong gin cocktails garnished with half orange wheel.
- Apricot Spritz ($14): Sweet and fruity low ABV cocktail with Cava and St. Germain garnished with fresh flowers.
- Mocktail ($10): Spiced and herbal cocktail made with non-alcoholic Ritual Tequila and garnished with blackberry and basil leaf
243 E Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60611
Stop by to sip on spring-inspired cocktails, featuring noteworthy Easter concoctions to celebrate the holiday at W XYZ, a playful bar and lounge located at Aloft Chicago Mag Mile. The spring cocktails include:
Purple Easter Egg: Aloft Vodka, Blue Curacao, lime, grenadine, and cranberry
Pink Paloma: Casamigos Blanco, lime, and Fever Tree Pink Grapefruit
Drunk Bunny: Malibu, lemonade, and Strawberry Puree
Mimosa Margarita: Casamigos Blanco, lime, orange, and Prosecco
French 75: Glendalough Rose Gin, lemon, simple, and Rose All Day
Featured Image: The Whistler