Whether it’s outdated, or just plain strange, Chicago has got some bizarre laws. From dining in a burning building to fishing while seated on a giraffe’s neck, here are the top 6 weirdest laws in Chicago.
1) It’s illegal to dine in a restaurant that is on fire.
Oh yeah, because food is our biggest concern when a building’s on fire.
2) It’s illegal for an unmarried woman to call a bachelor “Mister.”
Apparently, the proper word is “master.” So let’s just avoid both of these words altogether.
3) It’s illegal to fish while seated on a giraffe’s neck.
Don’t know why you would or could do this. But, here it is.
4) It’s illegal for dogs to drink whiskey.
My dog is more of a rum drinker anyway (totally kidding, #noanimalcruelty).
5) Those under 21 aren’t allowed to drink alcohol unless you’re enrolled in a culinary school.
And there’s really nothing more to say here.
6) It’s illegal for your pet to have poor hygiene.
Yes. You could get fined for a stinky dog and honestly, who’s complaining about that?