2018 has been filled with high highs and extremely low lows. And among the painstaking trends and bizarre, newsworthy incidents, we hope some things stay in the past for good.
So from the Tide Pod Challenge to Twitter-Finger Trump to IHOP changing its name to IHOB, here are all the things we seriously won’t miss from 2018.
- Kids eating Tide Pods.
- Thanos killing half of the universe.
- IHOP’s terrible marketing strategy to change its name to IHOB (no, we didn’t forget).
- Trump’s twitter rants *insert eyeroll emoji*.
- Fishtail eyebrows (yes, look it up, it’s a real thing).
- The time Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson almost got married after dating for like two weeks (thank u, next).
- Kanye West saying that “Slavery was a choice.”
- The time Melania Trump decided to wear an “I really don’t care. Do U?” jacket when visiting the center of the family separations crisis (quite possibly the worst time and place to “make a statement”).
- Venom, the movie.
- Roseanna Barr’s controversial tweet that cost her the opportunity to star in the reboot of her own show.
- Fake. News.
- The time J.R. Smith cost the Cavs a win because he thought “they were up one.”
- Brett Kavanaugh getting the job despite the various accusations of sexual assault.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, and all of its drama.
- Sanaa Lathan biting Beyoncé (Okay, that didn’t really happen…but this bizarre rumor did last for most of the year).
Believe me, we’re going to be happy to leave 2018 behind.
Featured Image Credit: Getty Images