When you see someone stylish walking down the street, what stands out? An amazing head of hair styled to perfection, of course. Summer hair should be hassle free, but let’s be real – is it ever that easy?
When it comes to a great ‘do, there are plenty of culprits that can affect the outcome. Don’t let a little lack of product knowledge keep you from achieving your best summer hair. We’ve partnered with stylists from Chicago’s Kelly Cardenas Salon to find out how to create four popular hair styles for women and men. Believe it or not, from start to finish, it’s easier to master than you think.
Marula oil, an oil popular in South Africa extracted from the seeds and nuts of Marula trees, is proven to improve hair texture.
- Lather your locks with Paul Mitchell’s luxurious MarulaOil Light Shampoo and Conditioner to seal your split ends and load your hair with shine.
- Add MarulaOil Dry Mist Spray to locks both before and after you blow dry and polish smooth.
- Add a braid detail to work this look from day to night.
Get knotty with this fun, summery look that keeps hair out of your face.
- Spray Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Sea Salt Spray onto dry hair and scrunch for texture.
- Take random, medium-sized sections and tie into a knot, leaving out the ends. Secure with bobby pins.
- Finish with Awapuhi Finishing Spray, an added bonus as this product not only holds style but has UV protection.
Rescue fine hair from looking dry and drab this summer.
- Fine hair tends to lay flat and relays on products and tools for volume. Pump up volume with Paul Mitchell’s Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo.
- Spray Lemon Sage Thickening Spray throughout the top and back of hair. Then use your hands and a blow dryer to lift hair off of its base for maximum volume.
- Finish by rubbing with a pea-sized amount of Tea Tree Shaping Cream in your hands. Then play with the direction of where you want the top to lay. Switch it up from side to side, and straight to back.
Embrace your waves and curls this summer and give them what they want… moisture!
- Paul Mitchell’s Neon Sugar Cream is packed with the moisture your hair needs as well the texture and hold that you want. Add a quarter-sized amount through wet hair.
- Scrunch texture into place.
- Spray Neon Sugar Spray to finish and hold, then dry naturally.
Even more valuable, these styles can take you from day to nighttime activities effortlessly. So, what will your signature summer look be?
For additional questions on how to create these styles and more, contact the stylists at Kelly Cardenas Salon directly at 773.342.4474, 1909 West North Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622.
Check out the products used to create these styles below:
Photo Credits: Natasia Mora (Hairstyles) Kelly Cardenas Salon, Chicago; Paul Mitchell (Products)