The River North Design District proudly announces this year’s annual River North Fall Gallery Walk on September 9. The walk comprises 22 locations with special events throughout River North, featuring 31 artists and 20 designer vignettes. The Gallery Walk’s philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which will receive a portion of the proceeds.
The walk is free and open to the public except for opening night parties. Showrooms will have extended hours on September 9 and will offer food and libations (details below). The vignettes will be on display until October 10. The event’s host committee includes WGN newscaster Dina Bair; Joanne Nemerovski of Joanne Sells Chicago; Randy Fifield of Randy Fifield Modern Living; Candace Jordan of Chicago Star Media/CandidCandace.com and Andrew and Jonathan Landan.
“As we take pause and reflect on the past year, we are thrilled to celebrate with our industry and art and design enthusiasts with a special experiential evening at the Gallery Walk. We are featuring brilliant and collected artists from all over the world paired with some of the most coveted Chicago designers. We’re solidifying our presence not just as design centers, but as partners supporting the rich, vibrant art community of the River North neighborhood.”—Mike Cao, president, River North Design DistrictAdvertisement
The Gallery Walk kicks off with Mambo Italiano, a VIP reception at Altalia Furniture, a new showroom in our district, where Ilene Chase Design has created a designer vignette highlighting art by Connie Noyes. For one night only view exhibition by renowned artist Stephen Burks presented by GRAFF. In a fantastical bedroom suite, color and texture converge, and whimsy takes a front seat. Join us for a colorful cocktail and delight in fanciful appetizers. Gain insight into your future through an aura reading presented by Sherwin-Williams.
At an After Party presented by Brizo and Delta Chicago, attendees will be guided through a series of sensory experiences by professional meditation and event firm MindCurate while enjoying entertainment, food and libations. A silent auction will feature art generously donated by the featured RNDD artists–100% of auction proceeds will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The After Party will be hosted at Architectural Artifacts.
VIP Kickoff Party tickets are $35 each and After Party tickets are $95 each if purchased in advance. After August 9th, Kickoff tickets are $45 each, and After Party tickets are $125 each. Tickets go on sale July 1. Proceeds benefit the not-for-profit River North Design District and fund yearly programming. A portion of the proceeds will also benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, leading the way the world understands, treats, and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
7th Annual Fall Gallery Walk Participants
This year’s fall gallery walk features some of our favorite galleries and designer shops in the River North neighborhood! The full list of participants are listed below:
- Ilene Chase Design featuring artist Connie Noyes and Michelle Hartney of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art, with a special exhibition by sculptor Stephen Burks presented by GRAFF at Altalia Furniture
- Jessica Margot Design featuring Joanna Cutri of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at 210 Design House
- Nora Schneider Interior Design featuring Eric Gushee and Salvador Dominguez at Armazem.design
- Jasmin Reese Interiors featuring Amy Donaldson of Gallery 1871 at Artists Frame Service
- Francis Blaine Interiors featuring Dragica Carlin and Michael Boroniec of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at bulthaup
- Kelly Hurliman Interior Design featuring Linc Thelen of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at The Luxury Bed Collection
- Suzan Hadaway Design with Nate Szarmach and Juliette Clovis of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at Ligne Roset
- Chelsey Jackel of Xced Design Build featuring Bojana Ilic- BOJITT at Daltile
- London Walder Interior Design featuring Dana De Ano and Diane Schroeder of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at eggersmann
- Centaur Interiors featuring Lea Fisher at Samuel Lynne Galleries
- Alissa Johnson Interiors featuring Jonathan Pliego and Stephen Burks at Studio41
- Hailey Lauren Designs featuring Zachary Weber at TOTO
•Courtney Casey Interiors featuring Tianna Bracey at Kohler Signature Store by Studio41
- Staci Munic Interiors featuring Roger J Carter of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at Orizzonti
- Bridgette Haulenbeek Interiors, Inc. featuring Dennis Lee Mitchell of Zolla Lieberman and Steven Haulenbeek at Oscar Isberian
- Michael Del Piero Good Design featuring Matthew Nguyen at Cosentino City
- Elizabeth Krueger Design featuring Josephine Cardin of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at Roca Tile
- Amhad Freeman Interiors featuring Joanne Trestrail at O’Brien Harris
- Shakoor Interiors featuring Pamela Staker and Kate Blacklock of Daniel Kinkade Fine Art at Prestige Designs
- Elizabeth Scott Design Group featuring Christian Voigt at Hilton | Asmus Contemporary
- Buzz Spector and Jamie Adams at Zolla Lieberman Gallery
- Tim Klein at Framebridge
All showrooms and galleries will have extended hours and will be open for the Gallery Walk from 5 p.m.-8 p.m. on Friday. Most showrooms will also be open on Saturday, September 10th, from 12-4 p.m. Temporary exhibitions in the showrooms are on display through October 10th. The event is free and open to the public. Tickets for the kickoff and after party can be purchased here.
Featured Image: RNDD