Ahhh, New Year’s Eve – a night of good friends, great drinks and, inevitably, a whole bunch of stress.
While it’s certainly true that NYE often turns out to be one of the best nights of the year, it’s no secret that getting there can be quite the struggle. I mean, if we’re being honest, you probably spend wayyyy more time researching what to do on New Year’s than you ever spend actually celebrating.
But not this year. No, this year, we at UrbanMatter have decided to do the hard work for you by compiling all of the best NYE parties, dinners, bars, events and activities in NYC into one, master list for you to peruse. One read through this thing, and you’ll find your plans for the 31st in no time flat. Trust.
Here is your Ultimate New Year’s Eve Guide for 2017.
- New Year’s Eve Love Bomb @ Good Room : Looking to dance your ass off this NYE? Head to Good Room on the 31st for an electronic-funk marathon sure to last all night long. Your ticket gets you entrance to the concert/party, a midnight champagne toast, party favors and post-party bagels.
- BandOn!NYC New Year’s Eve Time & Space : The party masters at BangOn!NYC will keep the fun going all night long at this year’s Time and Space themed event. The massive NYE celebration 2 stages, a silent disco, interactive performances, fire breathers, large scale art, scrumptious food vendors and more.
- NYE at the Westlight : Rooftop season lives on at the Westlight! Grab tickets to this upscale NYE party for an awesome view of the fireworks, specialty cocktails, food and live music.
- The Bunker Limited NYE: This warehouse party in Brooklyn is the EDM party of your dreams.
- New Year’s Eve Y2K @ House of Yes: Party like it’s 1999 at this Y2k themed bash from House of Yes. Be warned though, 90’s style outfits are required for entry.
- Spyglass New Year’s Eve: Party atop the Archer Hotel at this swanky, high-end event.
- NYE: A Date With Fate @ The Brooklyn Winery: Known for their extravagant party themes, the Brooklyn Winery has pulled out all the stops for 2017’s A Date With Fate. Relish in this 1940’s themed night complete with an open bar, food and live DJ sets.
- Massoni: Enjoy a four course dinner and five hour open bar at Massoni on the 31st.
- Blacktail: For $50 a pop, enjoy a full meal, plenty of drinks and live entertainment until well into the evening.
- Attaboy: Join Attaboy for a five course, high-end tasting menu on NYE to ring in 2018.
- Le District: Can’t make it to Paris for New Years? No worries, ’cause this is the next best thing. Swing by this French bistro/market on December 31st for an especially curated selection of wine, beer and cocktails, cheese and charcuterie boards, an unlimited french fry bar (yum) and more! And oh, if you stop by, be sure to stay for the complimentary midnight toast!
- Camp Porchlight NYE: Chelsea’s Porchlight transforms into a winter ski lodge for this year’s NYE celebration. Known as Camp Porchlight, the party will feature a full camp-fire-esque meal, plenty of winter drinks, and a couple of fun, themed games to boot.
- Beer Authority NYE: This giant beerhall near Times Square boasts over 90 taps and 100 beers by the bottle. Buy a ticket to this hopped out bash to get in on great drinks, an open bar, a huge buffet and more.
- The Awesome Aughts at Union Hall: Ring in 2018 by brining back the early 2000’s. With multiple DJ sets bumping your favorite hits from pre-2010, this party is one throw back you’ll wanna remember.
- NYE at The Belfry: Your standard neighborhood bar gets extra fancy for this year’s New Year’s bash. Tickets start at $85.
- Mother of Pearl’s “Stranger Drinks“: Send off 2017 by celebrating one of the year’s best TV shows: Stranger Things. Mother of Pearl’s gets decked out in ’80s attire for this late-night, themed event.
- Death & Co. NYE: Join city-wide favorite Death & Co. for a NYE full of, and I quote, “shenanigans and tomfoolery.”
- NYE at The Bonnie: Come celebrate the New Year at what is, without question, one of the best bars in Queens.
- Vandal NYE: Head to Bowery to wave 2017 goodbye at this extra cool bar and eatery.
- Ainsworth Midtown’s NYE Party: Okay, sure – the Ainsworth might be just a little bit douchey, but damn do they know how to through a proper NYE party.
- BBar NYE: Beer, well drinks and bar snacks. Do you really need more?
- NYE with The Up & Up: Fondly referred to as a “low-key, high-class” event, NYE at The Up & Up is perfect for anyone who’s done pushing through crowded dance floors.
Not in a party mood? No worries! There are plenty of other awesome things to do in NYC this New Year’s.
- NYE Midnight Run: An annual New York tradition, join other exercise-freaks and get a jump start on the new year by participating in a fun, midnight jog.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise: Don’t wanna push through the crowds at Times Square to see the fireworks? Me neither. Check out this awesome fireworks cruise for alternative way to watch the show.
- New Year’s Eve Ride: Grab your bike and get peddling. This yearly event encourages New Yorkers to bike their way into 2017.
New Year’s Brunch
I mean, you’re gonna need something to recover from last night, right?
- Miss Lily’s: I’ve just got one thing to say: all you can eat Jerk Chicken.
- Sunday in Brooklyn: This Brooklyn hotspot will be serving classic brunch fare all day on Monday the 1st.
- Handcraft Kitchen and Cocktails: Hit up Handcraft Kitchen for a recovery brunch and complimentary Bloody Mary on day one of 2018.
- Bubby’s: A New York favorite and breakfast standby, head to Bubby’s on Monday for a big, American style breakfast, served form 8am to 11am.