And because we know that you can only buy that friend so many Blackhawks jerseys, Cubs hats, and L maps, we’ve compiled a list of all the best locally sourced, Chicago-themed gifts around. Each and every item on this list comes from an awesome small business located right here in the city, meaning that your purchase not only makes for a great gift but also helps to support Chicagoans at home.
Here are the best holiday gifts for anyone who loves Chicago.
- Lavender Essential Oil Soap from Taylor Street Soap Co.: Taylor Street Soap Co. is the craft soap and oils company of your dreams. Grab this lavender essential oil soap for just $8 to stay smelling great in 2019.
- Hot Sauce and Salsas from Co>op Sauce: Chicago may not necessarily be known for its hot sauce, but the salsas and sauces from Co>op are pretty much guaranteed to impress even the pickiest of hot-heads in your life.
- Blue Wool Path Stripe Bow Tie from The Tie Bar: Oh come on, everyone needs at least one bowtie. You know it’s true.
- Chicago Flag Whiskey Glass from Transit Tees: Who wouldn’t love a Chicago-themed whiskey glass? No one, that’s who.
- Barrel Aged Cocktail Kit from Chicago Distilling Company: After all, nothing says “Happy Holidays” quite like a well-made cocktail.
- Heavy Face Oil from Scratch Goods: Protect your face from the winter chill in the new year with this awesome face oil from Scratch Goods.
- Chicago Flag Dress Socks in heather grey from Transit Tees: Fun patterned socks are totally in right now, meaning this locally made pair are both awesome and stylish.
- Chicago Neighborhood Map from Ork Posters: Show off your knowledge of the 77 neighborhoods with this dope Ork Posters print.
- Winter Flower Bouquet from Flowers for Dreams*: Flowers are always a great gift, and these beautifully – and locally – arranged buds are a great choice.
*Each month, every purchase benefits a different local charity. F4D contributes 1/4 of all profit.
- Red Velvet Bow Clutch from Alice & Wonder: Alice & Wonder makes extra-cute, Chicago based gifts for women. This bow clutch is not only adorable but also only $25!
- ORD Chicago Hat from Alice & Wonder: Show off your Chicago pride with this O’Hare themed hat, also from Alice & Wonder.
- Mauve Tassel Earrings from Vo Jewelry: Tassel jewelry is the bomb right now, grab these pair of on-trend earrings from Vo Jewelry now.
- Merry Gift Tags from Four Hats Press: Know someone whose favorite part of the holidays is giving? Grab them a few of these oh-so-cute Merry gift tags from Four Hats Press.
- Lash + Brow Oil from Scratch Goods: Keep those lashes and brows looking on point with this oil from Scratch Goods. Oh, and it also smells amazing.
- A Dozen Cupcakes from More Cupcakes: Food, like alcohol, is always an awesome gift. Grab the Chicago-obsessed person in your life a dozen cupcakes from More Cupcakes for an extra-sweet gift.
- Loop Stripe Coffee Mug from Transit Tees: Coffee Mug + The L = An awesome Chicago gift.
- Chicago Flag Dress Socks from Transit Tees: Let your love for our city follow you anywhere with these socks from Transit Tees.
- Sweet Home Chicago Print from MG Fancy Font: This subtle themed gift is a great choice for anyone who wants to keep their love for Chicago just slightly more low-key than a giant W flag (although, a W flag isn’t a bad holiday gift plan either…).