Fatpour Wicker Park (2005 W. Division St, Chicago, IL 60622) celebrates the start of the 2022 Winter Olympics with the Fatpour Winter Games Athletic Village, a festive pop-up commencing Friday, February 4, through Sunday, February 20. Fatpour’s line-up of festivities includes, but are not limited to a special “Pizzas Around the World” menu, globally themed cocktails, rotating DJ’s, giveaways, team table competitions, bubble hockey, skee ball, darts, giant Jenga, giant Connect Four, and more pop-up entertainment.
On Friday, February 18, Fatpour Wicker Park will host a Shuffleboard Tournament from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., where the winning team will receive a pair of tickets to Fatpour’s legendary St. Patrick’s Day celebration on Saturday, March 12. Tournament participants are limited and will need to register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the two-week global celebration will feature warm boozy drinks – like The Winter Warm-up with Baileys, Rumple Minze, hot chocolate, and whipped cream – and a globally inspired Pizza’s of the World menu (noted below) in the spirit of the winter games. TVs will air all major events, and the space will be adorned with global flags and Winter Games-inspired décor.
“The Winter Games unite people all over the world, and we are excited to once again create this globally-inspired pop-up to bring people together safely, during this momentous time,” says Big Onion Hospitality Owner and Operator Erik Baylis. “As we continue to navigate global challenges of the last two years, we look forward to hosting an event where we can gather safely and unite in the spirit of togetherness once more.”
Pizzas of the World Menu
- Desperado (Mexico), with salsa, chorizo, charred corn, habaneros, cilantro, queso fresco, mozzarella, green onion and avocado crema.
- Erin Go Bragh (Ireland), with white sauce, white cheddar, swiss, corned beef, sauerkraut, 1,000 Island
- The Fassbender (Germany), with white sauce, sauerkraut, beer bratwurst, brown mustard, beer braised onion and gouda.
- The French Connection (France), with garlic confit, arugula, caramelized onion, mushroom, red potatoes, provolone, mozzarella, and truffle aioli.
- The Odyssey (Greece), with spinach, artichoke sauce, garlic, olives, tomato, red onion and fresh mozzarella.
- Good Old ‘Murican Excess (‘Murica!), with red sauce, sausage, bacon, pepperoni, ham, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olive, tomato, chopped artichokes, provolone, mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan.
Drinks Around The World Menu
- The Referee: Don Julio, Strawberry Syrup, Limeade, topped and served with Freshie Tequila Seltzer.
- Winter Warm-Up: hot chocolate, Rumple Mintz, Bailey’s, topped with whipped cream.
- Victory Hot Toddy: Johnnie Walker Red, lemon, honey.
Hours of Operation
Fatpour is open Monday through Thursday, 5:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.; Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.; and Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 to 3:00 a.m. Brunch will be served Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with rotating specials available, in addition to the traditional menu. Mimosas, Bloody Marys and Bud Light drafts are also available for $35 Saturdays and Sundays, until 3:00 p.m.
For additional information, new event schedules, and other fun things happening, follow Fatpour on Facebook, Instagram, or stay tuned to their website.
Featured Image Credit: Fatpour