Everyone knows that Chicago does St. Patrick’s Day BIG, each and every year. So why waste any time?
Here’s everything that’s going on so you can start planning your green-colored day of beer, music, and fun.
Dyeing of the River
It’s a decades-long Chicago tradition to dye our iconic river a brilliant shade of green, and it’s a tradition that we’re recognized for around the nation.
This year’s dyeing of the Chicago River will take place at 9 am on Saturday, March 16.
- Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade –Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade downtown is one of the largest in America, and it kicks off this year on Saturday, March 16 at noon. It starts on Balbo and proceeds down Columbus. If you can’t make it, it’ll be broadcasted on ABC7.
- Northwest Side Irish Parade – This 15-year tradition takes place on Sunday, March 17, beginning at noon at 6634 West Raven Street and ending around 1:30 pm on Harlem Avenue.
- South Side Irish Parade – This neighborhood parade also takes place on Sunday, March 17 at noon, kicking off 11:30 am on 103rd Street as it proceeds down Western Avenue to 115th Street.
- St. Paddy’s Day River Crawl – Perhaps the most popular St. Pat’s bar crawl, this one takes place in celebration of the parade, hitting up River North bars like Old Crow, Moe’s Cantina, and Bub City, from 8 am – 12 pm.
- Chicago Shamrock Crawl – Don’t miss your chance to roam the bars of Wrigleyville in green! Visit Country Club, Merkle’s, Moe’s Cantina and more from 8 am – 2 pm. There’s even a breakfast buffet.
- Irish Stroll Bar Crawl – One of the largest St. Pat’s bar crawls in the city gets you cover-free admission to some of the best bars in town, taking place on Saturday, March 16 and lasting from 1 – 10 pm.
- There are plenty of St. Paddy’s Bar Crawls going on for St. Patrick’s Day, from Lincoln Park Bar Crawl, Wicker Park Bar Crawl, to Division Street Bar Crawl and more. Check out the extensive list of bar crawls on Eventbrite.
Dinner, Drinks, & Parties
- Drawl Southern Cookhouse & Whiskey Room – Putting an Irish spin to their Whiskey 101 nights on Thursday, the Irish Whiskey brand Glendalough is sampling drams along with specialty cocktails and snacks, on March 14, from 7 – 9 pm.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – On Saturday, from 9 am – 3 pm, enjoy selective Chef specials, live acoustics, and drink specials $10 and under. Chef deals in include $10 food bites, $9 bar bites, and $21.99 on entrées such as Guinness Beef Stew and Fish & Chips.
- Easy Bar Happy Hour – On March 17, Easy Bar is having a Happy Hour! Indulge $5 glasses of rosé and Moscow Mules, $2 Miller High Life bottles, and $5 shots of Jameson Caskmates. Happy hour is from 3 – 5:30 pm.
- Parlay at Joy District “Brunch So Hard” – on March 17, enjoy a wonderful brunch buffet and bottomless green mimosas, from 11 am – 3 pm. Raffle getaways, $7 Jamerson shots, and buffet favorites will be available. Prices vary from $30 – $500.
- Hubbard Inn St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast – On March 16 and 17, Hubbard in is featuring the ultimate breakfast buffet and premium open bar from 10 am – 3 pm. Enjoy bottomless mimosas, bloody mary’s or Guinness with themed brunch items such as Corned Beef and Hash, and more. Tickets vary from $30 – $500.
- Bub City – On March 16, from 10 am – 3 pm, enjoy Bub City’s St. Patrick’s Day specials that include Green Egg Sandwiches, Tullamore D.E.W., and Jamerson, along with live music.
- Shaw’s Crab House – Wear all green to brunch (from 10 am – 1:30 pm) and receive a gift card of $25 off an order of $50 or more. Shaw’s Oyster Bar will also be offering an all-day Happy Hour, which includes $5 Guinness Drafts, $9 Irish Whiskeys, and live music from 7 – 10 pm.
- The Owl Drink Combo & DJ Set – On March 17, enjoy $8 Guinness and Jamerson shot combos, along with DJ sets by Esteban La Groue and DJ Danny Dan, from 10 pm – 5 am.
- Z Bar – From Friday, March 15 to Sunday, March 17, enjoy Paddy’s day decor along with specialty cocktails. Food and drink specials include House-Cured Corned Beef and Cabbage served with Guinness Nitro on draft and a pony of West Cork 10 Year Single Malt for $30.
- VU Rooftop Bar – For the weekend of St. Paddy’s Day, this stunning rooftop bar is offering Irish-inspired shareable plates, unique beer cocktails, and green beer.
- Raised Bar St. Patrick’s Day View Party – On March 16, Raised is offering an awesome Irish food and drink package from 8 am – 10 pm for $75 per person. Watch the river dyeing tradition, while indulging on bottomless green beer and mimosas, Chicken and waffles, Sausage and rye, and much more.
- IO Godfrey Rooftop St. Patrick’s Day Party – On March 16, enjoy bottomless beers, mimosas, Bloody Mary’s and a Breakfast Buffet from 8 am – 12 pm. Tickets vary from $85 – $750.
- Grand Central Bar – On March 16, enjoy some sweet drink specials. Sip on $6 Irish Coffees, $5 Paddy’s Day Punch withGrey Goose Vodka, $5 Irish beers, and $3 domestic beers.
- Parlor Pizza Bar: St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Get a great meal and drink package including domestic beers, call cocktails, appetizers, live music and more, from 8am – 1pm on Saturday, March 17. Prices vary from $45 – $450.
- The Kerryman: Parade Day Party – Enjoy an awesome drink package including all drafts, well liquors, and bloody marys plus an Irish breakfast from 8am – 11am on Saturday, March 16. Prices vary from $30 – $240.
- Public House: Tap O’ the Morn – Celebrate with a package that includes 22oz drafts, well cocktails, and a passed Irish breakfast from 8 – 11: 30 am on Saturday, March 16. Tickets vary from $35 – $600.
Concerts & Performances
- The Tossers 26th Anniversary at the Metro – The Celtic punk band from Chicago plays on Saturday, March 16. Tickets $17 advance and $20 at the door.
- Gaelic Storm at the House of Blues – The traditional Celtic band plays for two nights from Friday, March 15 to Saturday, March 16 at 7:30pm.
Runs & Walks
- Leprechaun Leap 5k/8k – A festive run in Lincoln Park on Saturday, March 16 starting at 9:30 am.
- Shamrock 5k Beer Run – Head to Arlington Heights on Saturday, March 9 at 10 am for a celebratory run that ends with a pint.
- Get Lucky Half Marathon, 14k and 7k – This run at Soldier Field encourages costumes and takes place on Saturday, March 16 at 9am.
- Emerald Isle Mile – In conjunction with the South Side Irish Parade, this run takes place down Western Avenue on Sunday, March 11 at 11:30 am.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival at the Irish American Heritage Center – After you watch the parade, head to the IAHC for Irish crafts, gifts, music, and dancing from 1 pm-midnight. Tickets vary from $12 – $15.
- Chicago Irish Film Festival – From March 1 – 4, visit the Logan Theatre and the Gallery Theatre to watch the best films from Irish talent.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Enjoy live music, delicious samples, and kids coloring station at the Fresh Thyme Farmers Market on March 16, from 12 – 3 pm.