How-To Guide for Valentine’s Day on a Budget
Look, we know you’re not made of money. And between the dinners and the drinks, or the flowers and the chocolates – V-Day in the city can get pretty damn expensive.
So, for those of you who still wanna show bae a good time without breaking the bank, we’ve done a little digging.
Here’s how to have a budget Valentine’s Day in Chicago!
Food & Drink
- Remington’s – Remington’s is offering an Oyster and Sparkling Special, From 3-5pm and for only $15 each, guest can choose between three raw oysters or three Rockefeller oysters with a glass of sparkling rose. While it would fill you, it’s definitely a nice, romantic gesture for Valentine’s Day.
- Stan’s Donuts & Coffee – Treat your lover with a sweet treat! For Valentine’s Day, Stan’s Donuts & Coffee Mini Gift Packets of chocolate-covered mini cake or red velvet for $7.95, V-day Sprinkled cake and glazed donuts for $2.75, and more.
- The Ruin Daily – Awesome booze deals happening for V-day! In honor of National Margarita Day, they’re offering $8 Margaritas and $3 Hopewell Lil Buddy beer. So grab a sandwich and enjoy some cheap booze with your lover.
- MAK – This casual Asian fusion restaurant in Bucktown makes the perfect cheap Valentine’s Day outing. Not only is the food delicious, but they’re also offering half off all beers with the purchase of an entree.
- Portillo’s – I’m sorry, but nothing says “I love you” quite like cheese fries and chocolate cake. Yup, everyone’s fav hot dog joint is selling heart-shaped cakes again for 2019, and you just know that your honey wants one.
- White Castle – OKAY WAIT – stay with me here. White Castle has a tradition of offering tableside, white cloth service on Valentine’s Day. It may be kinda silly, and it probably won’t make the top 5 meals of your life, but a dressed up slider dinner at WC will definitely be a V-Day to remember.
- Lou Malnati’s – Heart shaped deep dish. ‘Nuff said.
- Pub Royale – A cozy, British style pub serving out-of-bounds Indian cuisine? Sounds like a great Valentine’s Day to me. Snuggle up to your boo in one of this Wicker Park spot’s dark lit booths, you won’t even miss the $70 prix fixe menus of years past.
- Baker Miller – Instead of attempting to cook yourself, treat your love to an expertly prepared breakfast in bed delivered by Baker Miller.
- Seoul Taco – This fast and casual Asian/Mexican fusion spot in River North is serving up Korean tacos for just $3 a piece and delicious Gogi bowls for just $10 this Valentine’s Day.
- Garrett Popcorn Shop – Popcorn is always a fun and savory treat to enjoy with your loved one, and this shop has got the cutest gourmet popcorn hearts, available for $30.
- Summer House Santa Monica – It’s around that time again for Summer House, homemade Valentine’s sugar cookies, only $4.95.
- Chocolates from Cocoa + Co – A perfect pack of bonbons from this Chicago staple starts at around $10.
- Flower Bouquet from Flowers for Dreams – While a beautiful (and ethical!) bouquet from Flowers for Dreams will likely cost you around $35 including hand delivery, the pretty petal pushers have been known to offer a deal or two through their Instagram leading up to the 14th, so stay tuned!
- The Princess Bride @ The Music Box Theater – Get ready to get cozy at the special Valentine’s Day showing of The Princess Bride at The Music Box Theater, February 14th at7 pm.
- Special Valentine’s Day Concert @ Kibbitznest –At Lincoln Park’s boozy bookstore, sit in for a wonderful live performance from singer-songwriter Pat McKillen. The nights at 7:30, and best of all, it’s free and open to the public!
- Nerd out this Valentine’s with a visit to Kibbitznest, Lincoln Park’s premier boozy bookstore, for a romantic stroll through the stacks.
- The Lincoln Park Zoo – It’s free! It’s a zoo! You should go!
- Operation Bang & Burn Chicago Anti- Valentines Day Party – For all the singles and emotionally distraught, come share the rage at the Safehouse. Bring an item from your most hated ex to throw in the inferno to win a $100 Bar tab, partake in their happy hour specials, and sing your heart out with their karaoke. Register here.
- Valentine’s Day with Windy City Soul Club @ Sleeping Village – For $5 only, dance the night away to the best Northern Soul and Motown dancing tunes, starting at 8 pm. More details here.