The 2015 Wicker Park Fest will be held at North Ave/Milwaukee Ave on July 25-26. This fest is an unbeatable infusion of local music, culture, and restaurants. Here are a few facts and fun events you won’t want to miss at Wicker Park Fest this weekend!
1) This low cost fest asks only for a $5 donation at the door. This money goes to benefit the community and to keep the fest going year after year.
2) Dogs ARE allowed! (just be sure to pick up after your pup).
3) There are THREE main stages for music with full lineups on Saturday and Sunday! Bands will begin at 1:00pm and commence at 10:00pm and will include artists such as White Fence, Deafheaven, Yoko & The Oh No’s, Veruca Salt, The Soil and The Sun, and Blonde Redheads.
4) Hula Hooper’s unite! Learn how to hula hoop with Chicago Hula Hoop Festival! Shake it full circle, because the mission this year is to benefit the humanitarian aid organization, Food For Life. Get your exercise while enjoying some good laughs on Saturday 1:45pm-3pm and Sunday 7:30p-10pm all ages and levels of hoopers welcome!
5) What about Bollywood? Learn how to bellydance with the experienced instructors of Bollywood Groove! Join the fun on Sunday 4:15-4:45pm at the Center Stage.
6) Satisfy your sweet cravings with the deep fried goodness of Twinkies, Oreos and apple pie fries from Marian’s Sweet Tooth and don’t forget to try a funnel cake from Suzie’s Fun Foods!
7) Take a break from the fun of the fest and enjoy a plethora of food vendors including Dimo’s Pizza, Jerk 312, The Smoke Daddy, and Enso Sushi & Bar.
8) Kids Fest Stage with engaging, kid-friendly performers guaranteed to keep your kids entertained including Mary Macaroni, Deep Fried Pickle, Ben The Bubble Guy, Fitzgerald’s Martial Arts, and Mad Scientist. These performances will take place both Saturday and Sunday between 12-3:30pm.
9) Kids Fest is an area specifically for kids! Kids can indulge in activities ranging from, but not limited to, face painting, bungee run, bounce house, henna tattoos, food creations, and even deep fried pickle musical instrument making – WHAT?! This sounds incredibly interesting!
We’d love to see your photos from these unique experiences! Tweet us @ChicagoGenie and use #WickerParkFest!