Famed Chicago Loop hotspot 312 Chicago (136 N. LaSalle Street, Chicago) is re-opening in late March 2023 just in time to celebrate its 25th Anniversary. After three years of being closed, the team is excited to debut a newly renovated space and a brand new chef. New and returning guests will embrace the exciting and modern take on authentic Italian cuisine by Chef Marcello Florio, complemented by an extensive Italian wine list, craft cocktail program, and signature hospitality that will make them feel at home.
Adjacent to The Allegro Royal Sonesta Hotel in Chicago’s Downtown Loop area, 312 is one of Chicago’s best Italian restaurants and boasts iconic views of the city’s historic theater district and is ideally situated next to the Cadillac Palace and near the Chicago Theater, James R. Nederlander, PrivateBank, and Goodman Theater for pre or post-show dining, Tuesdays – Saturdays.
Chef Marcello Florio
Born and raised in Pescara, Italy, and trained at G. Marchitelli Culinary Institute in Villa Santa Maria, Chef Marcello Florio’s love for cooking has been a lifelong passion. His fond memories of waking up on Sunday mornings to the smell of his mother and grandmother’s cooking have fueled his passion for what he does – creating authentic Italian cuisine. From savory sauces and dressings to freshly baked bread, artisanal desserts, and homemade pastas, Chef Marcello brings all the flavors of Italy to 312 Chicago for a mouth-watering and memorable dining experience.
312 Chicago will open with Breakfast & Lunch service, with Dinner and Weekend Brunch service to follow in the weeks post-opening. Seasonal menus and daily additions to the menu will feature an array of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free dishes, plus the team can accommodate any food allergy or special request. The elevated bar program features craft cocktails, a large selection of Italian wines, and a list of thoughtfully designed mocktails. 312 Chicago is also kid-friendly and offers a special $15 menu for little ones 12 and under.
The culinary team is excited to revive the Allegro rooftop garden and plans to use the herbs and vegetables they grow in dishes and cocktails throughout the menu.
La Colazione All’Italiana / Breakfast highlights (served Tuesday – Friday, 6:30am – 10:30am / Saturday 7:30am – 10:30am):
- Continental – pastries / fresh fruit / choice of toast
- Uove al Tegamino – two eggs / crispy pancetta / mild Italian sausage / whipped butter and home made jam
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes – pure Vermont maple syrup
Lunch highlights (served Tuesday – Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm)
- Burrata – heirloom tomatoes / crispy cauliflower / pesto /smoked black salt / balsamic reduction
- Burger – ground chuck / smoked bacon / provolone / lettuce / tomato / beer braised onions / brioche bun / fries
- Spaghetti e Stracciatella – spaghetti / Stracciatella cheese / roasted-garlic marinara
- Tagliatelle Bolognese – tagliatelle / braised short rib ragu / rosemary-truffle ricotta
- Cioccolato – Baked chocolate / caramel gelato / toasted walnuts / fresh berries
312 Chicago has 280 seats between the Dining Room, Bar, Tasting Room, and Mezzanine. Guests will appreciate the sophisticated mix of dark wood, black and cream accents, and stylish artwork throughout the space. Huge windows throughout the space fill the room with light and provide exciting city views. The open kitchen includes chefs’ table counter seating that offers a view of the culinary action and a chance to interact with Chef Marcello.
Weather permitting, the dog-friendly patio will open in Spring 2023. The intimate patio stretches along LaSalle street and features 2-4 top tables.
Centrally located in the Loop, 312 Chicago is the ideal spot to host any downtown Chicago event, whether it’s an intimate cocktail soiree for a dozen VIP business clients, a festive holiday bash with friends, a rehearsal dinner or wedding brunch for up to 110. Located adjacent to The Allegro Royal Sonesta Hotel, 312 Chicago also offers iconic city views, providing all the “wow” of downtown Chicago. For private dining and event inquiries, please contact Restaurant GM Craig Gramatis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 312 Tasting Room – The Tasting Room is the perfect choice for more intimate affairs, with room for 30 guests.
- Full Mezzanine – The second-floor Mezzanine can be divided with screens to accommodate groups of any size, hosting up to 100 people. The Mezzanine can also be combined with the adjacent Tasting Room to host up to 115 guests.
- North Mezzanine – The semi-private North Mezzanine is ideal for groups of 20-30.
Featured Image: 312 Chicago