Are you ready for an evening out-of-the-house with shifting scenery and real, live friends? The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce (GRCC) is kicking off its 2022 event season with the 1st annual Munch March dessert and appetizer crawl!
Join the Ravenswood community on Wednesday, April 20th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm as small businesses team up to bring you an evening of delicious sweets and salty treats. Located along Montrose Avenue between Seeley and Ashland, fans of Malt Row on Damen might feel a sense of déjà vu while participating in the first-ever Munch March.
“We’ve been working on building an event like Malt Row on Damen to spotlight businesses along Montrose since before the COVID-19 pandemic. Now that it’s officially happening, we’re incredibly excited to kick off our 2022 event season with Munch March,” says Gene Wagendorf, III, associate director of the GRCC.
Enjoy a fantastic selection of bite-sized appetizers, desserts, beverages, and candies while strolling between local shops, boutiques, and restaurants. “There are so many great businesses along Montrose Avenue in the Ravenswood community,” says Wagendorf, III. “And this is the perfect format to really showcase what the area has to offer.”
Businesses participating in the 2022 Munch March include:
- Amy’s Candy Bar, serving sweet treats
- Anna’s Thai Kitchen, serving veggie egg rolls
- Bayan Ko, serving pork lumpia Shanghai with sweet chili sauce
- Chicago’s Pizza, serving bites of pizza
- First Slice Pie, serving miniature pie bites
- Gnome Brew, serving an alfajores beer inspired by their Munch March partner, Lucila’s Alfajores. The brew is a brown ale brewed with Lucila’s own cookies, caramelized milk sugar, coconut, and lemon
- Hazel Apparel & Hazel Gifts
- Hilary’s Cookies, serving sweet treats.
- Lucila’s Alfajores serving their signature alfajores
- Ravenswood Tavern
- Spoken Cafe, serving Louisiana fried boudin balls stuffed with pepper jack cheese and remoulade dipping sauce, and crawfish etouffee hand pies
- Urban Brew Labs, serving beer samples
- Vin312 Winery
- Wolcott Tapp
Munch March Tickets
Tickets purchased in advance are $22 and include one munch per stop and a swag bag. Day-of tickets will be $25 and a “buddy bundle” of 4 tickets is available for $80. Purchasing tickets in advance is highly recommended. Information regarding check-in and wristband pick-up will be released soon.
The 2022 Munch March is Wednesday, April 20th from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm. You can find the latest Munch March info and details on Ravenswood Chamber’s website.
Stop by the Munch March afterparty at My Buddy’s. First, you’ll see some hilarious Chicago comedians perform in the Joke-e-okie Stand-Up Showcase, followed by late-night karaoke starting at 9pm! After party drinks and food specials include:
- $4.20 Sloppy Joes
- $4.20 Mini Cheese Quesadillas
- $4.20 Chips & Salsa
- $4.20 Well Cocktails
- $4.20 Select Shots
Furthermore, My Buddy’s is donating $1 from all Munch March After Party food and drink sales to Cannabis Equity Illinois Coalition. The Coalition is a grassroots nonprofit that advances equity in Illinois by elevating community voices and collaborating with partners to create change in the cannabis industry through their pillars of business, community, and legislative policy.
Featured Image Credit: Lucila’s Alfajores