New rooftop alert! Just in time to enjoy Arizona’s cherished alfresco season, Skysill Rooftop Lounge, a new rooftop in the Valley is now open daily offering a specially curated food and beverage program packed with premium, highball-inspired craft cocktails and tasty sharable plates, as well as a robust lineup of seasonal and recurring events happening on the rooftop this winter.
As the highest open-air rooftop bar in town, Skysill soars above the city atop the 18th floor of the recently opened hotel The Westin Tempe, located in the heart of Tempe’s downtown district. Set out to be more than just a destination for hotel guests, the chic venue caters to both leisure travelers and local patrons in search of a full-service, scenic retreat for respite and the ideal atmosphere for soaking up unparalleled, panoramic views of the vast metropolitan Phoenix area’s stunning city skyline.
During the daytime, while the sun is high, the lounge offers a hip, relaxing escape year-round where guests can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or jacuzzi, unwind on daybeds or in private cabanas with friends, or catch a sporting event projected on the rooftop’s expansive video screen wall. Once the sun sets over the distant mountain horizon, the terrace subtly transitions into a luxurious locale where all levels of service and experience are elevated – a stylish and sophisticated oasis in the sky.
This winter, the new rooftop in the Valley will be hosting a range of seasonal and recurring events on its rooftop that make enjoying Arizona’s perfect patio season easier than ever, from weekly live music to game-day tailgates for Arizona State University’s Sun Devils, holiday soirees, an exercise, and wellness series starting in the new year, and more.
Weekly Live Music
- Every Friday and Saturday evening from 5 – 8 p.m., guests can enjoy live music from local Valley artists on the rooftop, with poolside acoustic performances on Fridays and DJ sets on Saturdays.
- Beginning in January 2022, The Westin Tempe will be hosting monthly, rotating “RISE” events at Skysill, as part of an expanded initiative to encourage wellbeing amongst hotel guests and the public.
- Each month, the hotel will partner with local trainers and instructors for a dedicated wellness-focused class, from yoga to HIIT (high-intensity interval training) to Zumba.
NYElectric New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration
- For those in search of the ultimate New Year’s Eve party experience, there’s no better place to toast at midnight than The Westin Tempe, set to host the best and biggest countdown celebration in the Valley this year on Friday, December 31 from 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- General admission tickets include an allotment of beverages, light appetizers, and access to the hotel’s grand main ballroom that will feature a top local DJ playing live music along with a dance floor, and multiple reception areas for mingling.
- Guests who opt to upgrade their tickets to VIP for the special occasion will also enjoy exclusive access to Skysill’s “Electric Rooftop”, where another top local DJ will be spinning poolside as additional complimentary appetizers and drinks are served throughout the night until the rooftop’s LED video wall counts the crowd down to the new year.
- Learn more and purchase tickets to the event at https://vipnightlife.com/
events/2022-phoenix-new-years- eve-party-nyelectric-countdown .
In addition to the winter event calendar, Skysill recently debuted its first unique menu curated by Executive Chef Alexander Robinson, who also helms The Westin Tempe’s signature ground-floor restaurant, Terra Tempe Kitchen & Spirits. Comprised of a rotating selection of sharable small plates perfect for enjoying poolside, the menu features a variety of light bites – dubbed “’A’ Mountain Snacks” after the iconic local landmark – healthy salads, playful entrees and decadent desserts, with standouts including the Skysill Nachos ($15), featuring all the fixings from chorizo queso fundido and grilled chicken to black beans, olives, scallions, jalapenos, sour cream and roasted tomato salsa, all atop a bed of corn tortilla chips; the Organic Quinoa Bowl ($16) with arugula and baby kale, topped with cured tomato, avocado, black beans, pickled red onion, Crow’s Dairy goat cheese and savory sesame vinaigrette; Ahi Poke Tacos ($18) filled with wasabi-avocado crema, pickled jalapenos and crispy wonton; Smoked Short Rib Sliders ($18) with melted white cheddar cheese, cherry barbecue sauce, house coleslaw and a toasted Brioche bun; and S’mores Fondue ($9) with graham crackers, Brulé marshmallow fluff and a decadent chocolate ganache.
Skysill, the new rooftop in the Valley, boasts an elevated beverage program that mirrors a similar inspiration of poolside staples with a flirty twist, boasting an impressive assortment of draft, canned, and local Arizona brews; crisp wines and rosés; and signature “Skysill Spritzes” cocktails, the rooftop’s refreshing take on classic highball recipes. In the mood for a seasonal and sweet sip? Try the daily-rotating Sangria Del Dia ($15) or the Highest Rooftop in the Valley ($15) with Campari, orange juice, Centr Lemon CBD soda. Prefer something a little more traditional? Staple go-to’s include the Spanish G&T ($15), made with Roku gin, basil, lemon, lime, and Fever-Tree Bitter Lemon tonic; the Devil’s Walk ($15), with Cruzan aged light rum, Appleton Estate Signature rum, Aperol, Fever-Tree Orange Spiced Ginger Ale and cinnamon; and the Apple Buck ($15), with Maker’s Mark bourbon, real apple puree, lemon, and Fever-Tree ginger beer.
Skysill is open to the public daily, Monday-Thursday from 5 to 11 p.m., Friday from 2 p.m. to midnight, Saturday from 11 a.m. to midnight, and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. For more information about Skysill Rooftop Lounge or to book a reservation, please visit SkysillRooftop.com. Learn more about The Westin Tempe at WestinTempe.com.
About The Westin Tempe
As the newest hotel to debut in Tempe, AZ, The Westin Tempe is a sophisticated destination that offers a distinct, premium guest experience incorporated into every aspect of the hotel’s design, services, and amenities. Centrally located in the city’s downtown district, the contemporary hotel blends Tempe’s vibrant atmosphere and unique local culture with the brand’s Wellness at Westin pillars of well-being and numerous biophilic elements throughout its 18 stories, 290 spacious guest rooms and suites, and approximately 21,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space. The hotel also features a signature restaurant Terra Tempe Kitchen & Spirits, offering cuisine that evokes a fresh spirit of the Southwest through the use of local, seasonal ingredients and flavors; the chic Skysill Rooftop Lounge, the Valley’s highest open-air rooftop bar and lounge on the 18th floor that boasts its own curated menu of shareable plates and craft cocktails with panoramic city and mountain views; and Cup of Joe Market Café, a friendly and relaxed quick-service café that proudly serves Starbucks. As the latest addition to the city’s bustling corridor, The Westin Tempe is just steps from some of the area’s best shopping, dining, nightlife and, entertainment destinations, plus local landmarks like Tempe Town Lake, “A” Mountain (Hayden Butte), Mill Avenue District and Tempe Beach Park. To learn more, visit WestinTempe.com.