Easter has come and gone, but more April holidays are approaching! You can help a local business every time there’s a national holiday, and it just so happens there are a lot of them in April.
National Haiku Poetry Day (April 17)
- Phonetic Spit is hosting an open mic every Thursday at 7 PM on Instagram Live. Check out their IG @phoneticspit for info on weekly prompts!
- Lawn Gnome Publishing is collaborating with local publishing house Phoenix Poetry Slam to offer ‘Instaslam,’ an Instagram Live poetry reading held every Thursday at 8 PM. Check out their IG @lawngnomepublishing for details.
- Local record store, The ‘In’ Groove is having a sale on their website, ‘TheInGroove.com’ — new arrivals are posted daily!
- Stinkweeds is having a Facebook double-documentary screening for ‘Vinyl Nation’ and ‘Other Music’ on Saturday, April 18th & Sunday, April 19th. Online admission is $10.
- Zia Records offers curbside pick-up at all Arizona locations from 10 AM – 4 PM. They also offer free shipping on orders over $30.
Bicycle Day (April 19)
- Phoenix’s Bike Barn is offering curbside bike and accessories pick-up. They are also offering repairs if you drop your bike off!
- Looking for a vintage bike? Stop by Phoenix Bike Company for a look at old Cruisers and other classic nostalgia brands.
- For a variation of mountain bikes and gravel bikes, visit Landis Cyclery, a historic Phoenix bike shop currently allowing customers to buy online and pick-up in store.
4/20 (April 20)
- Get some stress relief by having GreenPharms Dispensary in Mesa deliver to your door. They are also offering curbside pick-up until 9 PM.
- White Mountain Health Center is limiting the number of patients entering their dispensary. They are open from 8 – 5 PM on Monday.
- Encanto Dispensary is offering some great deals for pick-up, including $30 eighths of Mint Chocolate Chip and Lemon Fire OG.
World Creativity and Innovation Day (April 21)
- Beloved downtown jazz hangout, The Nash, is streaming their all-time best performances on their Facebook page. Check out their full schedule on Facebook.
- Meet MCI Designers for an Interior Design Class on Zoom. The free course starts on April 17th, but be sure to RSVP beforehand via Eventbrite.
- The Scottsdale Comedy Club Spot is offering Improv/Acting Classes via Zoom, held every Wednesday. Check out TheComedySpot.net for more info!
Independent Bookstore Day (April 25)
- Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe has new hours from 12 – 6 PM, Monday – Saturday. They are accepting online orders, and phone orders for curbside pick-up.
- The family-owned Books On 7th Avenue is temporarily closed to the public, but still offering mail orders. Shop online or call 602-678-4578 for details!
- All About Books and Comics is offering $1 deals on collector editions of DC & Marvel comics. Reach out for details!
National Pretzel Day (April 26)
- Mustache Pretzels will be opening their food truck at Sunland Springs Village on April 30th, from 4 PM – 7 PM. The company has uniquely shaped pretzels and pretzel dogs!
- Old Heidelberg Bakery is still open and running as an essential business! Stop by their location on East Indian School Road for a giant pretzel, and maybe some groceries, too.
International Dance Day (April 29)
- Arthur Murray Dance Center in Phoenix is offering virtual group classes! Check out their website to choose your dance style.
- Phoenix Dance Academy is hosting virtual fitness classes for adults and teens on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 – 3 PM. Find the Zoom link on their e-mailer list, or visit their website.