People love New Jersey for its beaches, culture, and history. The state has a long coastline on the Atlantic Ocean, with more than 300 miles of beaches. There are also many cultural and historical attractions, including the Liberty Science Center, the Newark Museum, and the Ellis Island Immigration Museum. New Jersey is also home to many professional sports teams, including the New York Jets and the New Jersey Devils. With so much to do, it’s no wonder that New Jersey is a popular destination.
This summer, take advantage of all that New Jersey has to offer! From the shore to the mountains, there is something for everyone in the Garden State. Here are some ideas on how to spend your summer in New Jersey:
1. Visit one of New Jersey’s many beaches. With over 130 miles of coastline, there is sure to be a beach that is perfect for you. Whether you are looking to relax on the sand or surf the waves, New Jersey’s beaches have it all.
2. Take a hike in one of New Jersey’s many state parks. With over 50 state parks to choose from, there is a perfect trail for every level of hiker. Spend a day exploring the great outdoors and take in the beauty of New Jersey’s nature.
3. Spend a day at the Jersey Shore. From Asbury Park to Cape May, there are countless shore towns to explore. Stroll the boardwalks, enjoy some saltwater taffy, and soak up the sun.
4. Visit a winery or brewery. New Jersey is home to over 50 wineries and breweries. Sample some of the best wines and beers in the state while enjoying the scenic views.
5. Take a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure. This world-famous theme park is located in Jackson, New Jersey, and features thrilling rides, shows, and attractions. Spend a day exploring all that the park has to offer.
6. Visit Historic Smithville. This quaint village is located in Galloway, New Jersey, and is home to over 60 shops and restaurants. Stroll the streets and enjoy a day of shopping and dining in this charming town.
7. Spend a day in Atlantic City. From the casinos to the boardwalk, there is plenty to do in this seaside resort town. Try your hand at gambling, take a walk on the famous boardwalk, or simply enjoy the views of the Atlantic Ocean.
8. Visit Princeton University. Take a tour of this Ivy League school and learn about its rich history. Then, explore the town of Princeton and all it has to offer.
9. Spend a day in New York City. Just a short train ride from New Jersey, NYC is the perfect place to spend a day (or two). Take in the sights and sounds of the city that never sleeps and enjoy all that it has to offer.
10. Have a picnic in one of New Jersey’s many parks. With over 2,000 parks to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic lunch. So pack a lunch and enjoy a day in the park!
These are just some of the many things that you can do to spend your summer in New Jersey. To make sure you cover everything or almost everything, we would suggest you plan your days out ahead of time and make those 6 steps a priority:
- buy plane tickets way ahead, maybe you’ll also get a good deal,
- find a place to stay, whether it be with friends, family, or at a hotel, you’ll find something for your taste and budget,
- check the weather conditions for your planned days and pack accordingly, summers in New Jersey can be humid and hot,
- figure out what you want to do each day, an itinerary will keep you on track and make the most of your time,
- make a packing list of everything you’ll need for your trip,
- book a New Jersey Car Service that can help make all your travel plans seamless. This will give you more time to focus on enjoying your summer to the fullest!
New Jersey is a great place to spend the summer. With so much to do, you are sure to have a blast! So get out there and enjoy all that Garden State has to offer.