Table of Contents
The signs of evolution can be seen everywhere, all around us. From daily use items and heavy machinery to things like doors, many of our creations have evolved significantly with time, just like living creatures. In a culturally rich city like Leicester, this evolution is often reflected in a wide range of door styles that adorn houses built according to various architectural influences. From old-school wooden doors to contemporary doors built using aluminium, there are many different sorts of doors available for people with different likes, dislikes, and interests.
So, without further ado, let’s explore some of the best styles for doors in Leicester.
There are a variety of style doors in Leicester available, including:
- Traditional doors: Traditional doors are typically made of wood and have a classic design. They are often panelled or have carved details. Traditional doors are a good choice for homes with a period style.
- Contemporary doors: Contemporary doors are often made of aluminium or composite materials and have a sleek and modern design. These doors can also have glazed panels or geometric patterns. For those who want a modern-looking door, contemporary doors could be an apt choice.
- Rustic doors: Rustic doors are typically made of wood and have a natural, unfinished look. They may have distressed details or knots in the wood. Also known as cottage-style doors, rustic doors are a good choice for people who prefer a country-style aesthetic.
The most common choices for door materials are wood, uPVC, composite, and aluminium:
- Wood doors are a popular choice for your home’s interior and exterior. They give you the most freedom for customisation after installation. You can paint or style them even after the installation. These doors are pretty durable, and if taken care of properly, they can last for years.
- uPVC doors are low-maintenance and an affordable option for external doors. They are weatherproof and are not accompanied by the most common door problems like rotting and decay. You also get a handful of options to choose from when it comes to uPVC doors, so you can go with a door that complements your home’s theme.
- Composite doors are a good combination of the benefits of wood and uPVC doors. They work on a fit-and-forget basis, don’t need extensive maintenance, withstand wear and tear over time, and can even bear harsh weather conditions. It’s not just about their build quality, however. They cover a wide range of options for every buyer. You can select from a list of shades, styles, and finishes. They are also dependable and are an innovative solution to ensure home security.
- Aluminium doors are a modern and stylish option for exterior doors. They are durable, weatherproof, and require very little maintenance. Aluminium doors are also available in a variety of colours and finishes.
Door finishes can be divided into two main categories: painted and stained.
- Painted doors are a popular choice for both internal and external doors. Whatever colours your home and walls have, you can get these doors painted the same to match the decor. Painted doors are also relatively easy to maintain.
- Stained doors are a good choice for homes with period or a rustic style. These doors spread the natural look of the wood. Moreover, they can add a gritty, realistic, and fresh feel to your interior.
There are several different hardware items, like hinges, handles, knockers, etc., that a door can include. Hence, it is crucial to choose door hardware that is not only functional but also complements the style of your door. For example, if you have a contemporary aluminium door, you may want to choose stainless steel or chrome door hardware.
The sale of doors in the United Kingdom has been on the rise for the last three years and has reached a whopping 2.7 billion GBP. When choosing stylish doors in Leicester, it is essential to consider the material, style, finish, and hardware. It is also essential to consider your home’s aesthetics and pick a complementary door. A pro tip while selecting a perfect door for your home in Leicester is to keep the security features and energy efficiency (or insulation factors) the top priority.
Photo Credit: Unsplash