Canadian online casinos are something of a borderless catalog where slots dominate. Go to King Billy and you’ll find that 80-90% of the collection consists of online slots on various themes. Online slots in Canada https://www.kingbilly.com/en-CA/games/slots not only stay current but also become more and more popular year after year. Gaming studios have a special department specializing in the development of themes and game engines bringing a new spirit to the gaming process. But even the best online slots for real money can get boring over time. To bring a new dimension to the gameplay and add a competitive element, casino operators have organized slot tournaments. In simple terms, tournaments are an alternative way to play online slots in Canada for real money. Canadian online slots do not have a skill element like blackjack or poker. But the tournament format can make you think a little more strategically. So, read on to find out what tournaments are and if they’re worth it.
Features of Slot Tournaments
If you are interested in sports, you probably know that tournaments are competitive events where prizes are awarded to those who place the highest in the standings. Slot tournaments work in much the same way. Introduced to increase the engagement rate of slot enthusiasts, tournaments are beneficial to online casinos and gamblers alike. The online casino slots themselves are single-player games, and there isn’t any room for strategies that can affect your winning odds in any way. As for the tournaments, they offer you some room for strategic decision-making, so you should try your hand at competing. So, here are a few things you should know about slot tournaments:
- You can find out about upcoming tournaments in the promotions section or by looking at the online casino’s promotional banner. The website of King Billy, a popular Canadian online casino and home to the best online slots from top providers, has a separate Tournaments section.
- All tournaments are events with a limited running period. The earlier you join a tournament, the higher your chances of making it to the top of the leaderboard.
- To attract the highest number of players, tournaments feature the best online slots in Canada with high winning potential and exciting in-game bonuses.
- The player with the most points earned is declared the winner and is awarded a share of the total prize pool, which can reach tens or even hundreds of thousands of Canadian dollars.
Being able to keep what you win throughout a competitive event is a great thing about slot tournaments. It means that not only will you pick up your regular winnings, but you’ll also get the chance to win something more substantial.
Things to Know about Tournaments
Before you join a tournament, you need to understand how it works. Although some rules change from tournament to tournament, the basic structure of the gameplay remains the same. To join a competitive event, you need to qualify, which means you have to play a few rounds in a specific game at least at the stakes specified. Then, you get into the main part of the event where you can play any of the featured online casino slots. To earn points, you need to land winning combinations with a multiplier not lower than the one specified in the tournament rules, for example not less than x2. The more valuable combinations you land, the more points you will get.
The prize pool for tournaments held by King Billy can be up to 10,000 CAD or more. It is divided among several top players, e.g., the top 20 in the leaderboard. The higher your place, the bigger share of the prize pool goes to you. So, participating in tournaments is a much more promising and exciting way to play slots online for real money.
Read the Tournament T&Cs Before You Join
Whatever the big prizes the tournament promises, you need to know what you’re agreeing to, so read the terms and conditions of the competitive event first. Here are a few pitfalls you might not have noticed:
- The featured games. If you want to play any online slots to win real money, tournaments are somewhat detrimental to the variety of choices. Tournaments have between 5 and 50 online casino slots participating. Bets on slots not participating in a tournament will not earn you points.
- Entry fee. Although participation in most tournaments is free, some operators charge an entry fee. By joining King Billy, only tournaments with a free entry will be available to you.
- Minimal stake. Even if a tournament involves penny slots, you will not be able to bet as little as CAD 0.01 per spin, if the minimum bet is set by tournament rules.
Find out how the cash prizes are credited. We do not recommend participating in tournaments that pay out prizes in bonus money with a wagering requirement attached.
Play at a Fast Pace
While you shouldn’t play casino slots online too fast in the single-player mode (which can drain your bankroll), the opposite tactic should be used in tournaments. If there is a multi-thousand-dollar prize pool at stake, it may be worth taking a chance on increasing the pace of play. The more bets you place, the more points you can collect. But in choosing your game tempo, also consider the length of the tournament. The above is true for a tournament, which lasts anywhere from a few hours to a day. If you are playing in a tournament lasting a week or more, you should not be in too much of a hurry.
Play Without Thinking About the Leaderboard
When you’re too focused on collecting points to make it to the prize spot, you run the risk of making mistakes that can be costly to your bankroll. The standings can be a distraction, slowing down your gameplay. The best idea is to forget about the leaderboard and focus on spinning the reels to ensure you have an immersive gaming experience.
If you want to play the best Canadian slots online and get extra chances for big winnings, slot tournaments are what you need. Don’t expect super profits from participating in tournaments. But with the right strategy and a bit of luck, you could win something significant.