If you own a car then you may probably know about the importance of its various devices and parts. For the hassle-free performance of your vehicle, there are many accessories or devices that need to replace from time to time and one such device is the oil filter. Moreover, you can buy it from Boodmo easily at affordable rates. Hence, if are confused about choosing the right oil filter then this article is for you. Here we are giving you many significant details regarding oil filters, their types, and things to keep in mind while choosing them for your car.
# An overview of an oil filter and its types:
The main function of an oil filter is to keep away the contaminants that are accumulated in the engine oil. It doesn’t interrupt the process of lubrication and acts as an absorbent as well as holds organic and inorganic contaminants. The organic contaminants are bugs, bacteria, and oxidized oil, whereas inorganic contaminants are dust and metallic particles. Furthermore, dirty engine oil cause many issues with the engine and can result in everlasting damage to your car. So, as a solution to all these problems, an oil filter is used and installed inside the engine of a car. It keeps the oil clean by removing all the impurities and contaminants from the engine oil.
Besides, different types of oil filters are as follows:
- Full Flow or primary oil filter
- Spin-on filters
- Magnetic oil filter
- Secondary or by-pass filter
- Cartridge oil filter
- Mechanical oil filter
- High-efficiency filters
# Various ways to choose the oil filter for your car:
As mentioned above, there are different types of oil filters and you can choose as per the needs of your car. You can check oil filters online as well in different specifications at https://boodmo.com/catalog/3326-oil_filter/. Apart from this, various ways to choose the right oil filter for your car are given below:
1. Micron Rating – Micron rating is the capability of the filter to remove several particles of small size. Generally, the automotive oil filters eliminate particles 40 microns and larger than it. Hence, you should always go for an oil filter that can remove the small particles as well.
2. Consider the size of the engine – It is recommended that you must purchase the size of an oil filter as per the size of your car’s engine. The manufacturers manufacture the oil filters according to the different sizes of engines and specifications. You should not buy any oil filters without any proper research. So, it is always good to ask an experienced or knowledgeable mechanic about which oil filter to buy for your car as per its needs.
3. Construction Material of an oil filter – You must buy an oil filter that can hold the shock-loading and high temperatures as well. The oil filters are available in different types based on materials such as synthetic, steel, and others. The construction material of an oil filter regulates the capacity, efficiency and it’s working. In addition to this, it should also have a good quality gasket or O-ring for providing the seal between the head plate and base plate.
4. Look for the manufacturer’s recommendations – When you purchase an oil filter then always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations that are given in the booklet or guide. In case you buy it online such as from Boodmo then also you can discuss about it with an expert who holds good knowledge of oil filters.
5. Dirt-Holding Capacity – The dirt-holding capacity of an oil filter tells about the service life, earlier to go into bypass. So, to know about it you can contact the oil filter companies because all filters are not similar types when it comes to dirt-holding capacity.
6. Look for the price before making a purchase – It doesn’t matter whether you buy an oil filter online or direct from the market, you should always compare the prices. However, you should not buy a cheap one because it may be of low quality and need to replace quickly. Usually, the cost of oil filters mainly depends on the brand name. In addition to this, you can also search on the internet for user reviews about the oil filters of different brands and then make a purchase accordingly.
# Final Words :
When you decide to buy any part or device for your car then it’s very important to buy a reliable product. If you will buy a cheap or duplicate product then it will surely hinder the performance of your car and can leave you in trouble. Thus, if you are looking for a trustworthy company to buy an oil filter then you can check it at Boodmo. Besides, we hope after going through this post you will understand better about selecting or buying the oil filter for your car.