50% of Gig Workers are Open to Getting Paid in Crypto

A freelance worker is someone whose main job is to work on demand or when they want to. Most of the time, people work for a company and get paid. A “gig worker” looks for “gigs,” usually short-term jobs, as their main way to make money. Trade cryptocurrencies on bitalphaai.de, the smartest platform that has ever existed.

A freelancer usually does specialised work, like writing, programming, making movies, or graphic designs. Most of the time, these professionals know what they are doing and have been trained to do it. They also do the work that their clients ask for.

Depending on the company or person who hires them, a freelancer could also be called a contract worker or a contingent worker. 

Most freelancers, however, have set up their work as a business, which means they do much more than just work. They do their marketing, make their contacts, and work behind the scenes. Also, in some cases, they can still get unemployment benefits, even though those are technically paid for by companies with employees.

A survey by digital asset marketplace Bakkt found that 50% of gig workers, also known as freelancers, are open to the idea of getting some of their pay in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin (BTC-USD), Ethereum (ETH-USD), and other cryptocurrencies, even though the emerging space is going through a broad cyclical downturn right now (BKKT).

This is what an American company said on Friday. A report called “Gig Workers and Crypto Study” was written up with the results. This study was done between the middle of June and the beginning of July when cryptocurrencies were the most volatile. 

More and more gig workers are becoming interested in cryptocurrencies.

More than half of the people who answered the question said they would take some of their pay in cryptocurrency. Twenty per cent of the gig workers who answered the survey said they had been paid in cryptocurrency before.

Most types of gig work now accept cryptocurrency as a way to pay, and this trend is likely to continue. Most freelancers, social media influencers, and rideshare drivers are learning more about computers, which makes them more likely to accept cryptocurrency.


Even though 48% of gig workers say they know nothing about cryptocurrencies, it’s still important to learn about them. Other problems include the need to pay bills in US dollars (34%), the belief that it’s too risky or unpredictable (33%), and the fact that employees don’t want to take the chance that the value of their paychecks might go down (33%).

How and what do people who work for gigs think and feel

More than half of the people who work as gig workers don’t think their money is “nice to have.” Instead, they see it as something they need to do to care for themselves and their families. Seventy per cent of freelancers have two or more jobs, and more than a third have three or more jobs.

Less than 40% of people who work in the “gig economy” want to keep doing it for at least the next three years.66% of people who work in gig economies use the money they already have to pay for their jobs.

With the help of the insights automation platform quantile, Bakkt® paid for the study to be done. It surveyed 1,018 gig workers from all over the United States in June and July 2022. The purpose of the study was to find out what gig workers think about the future of crypto payments and how different parts of the gig work market use and feel about crypto payments.